Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

Those who have the central arm rest, can u confirm something for me please? When in the upright or flat position, to change the position of it, do you have to press in the lever to 'unlock' the armrest? Or are you able to just move its position without having to use lever?

Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'm pretty certain mine locked into position & I had to push in lever to move it, either up or down. It went into my dealer for a different issue recently & now I can move the arm rest up & down without the need to press in the lever. There is one point where it rests slightly above horizontal, if I want the armrest horizontal I have to press in the lever to the move it down to horizontal.... Then I'm able to move it below horizontal by pressing the lever again.

I just want to check this is what the arm rest is meant to do before I contact my dealer regarding it.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Evening all,

Those who have the central arm rest, can u confirm something for me please? When in the upright or flat position, to change the position of it, do you have to press in the lever to 'unlock' the armrest? Or are you able to just move its position without having to use lever?

Thanks!
You have to press it...as I recall the lever lifts up to release the mechanism to move the position of the armrest regardless of the position.

John

·
Registered
95 Posts
There is one point where it rests slightly above horizontal, if I want the armrest horizontal I have to press in the lever to the move it down to horizontal.... Then I'm able to move it below horizontal by pressing the lever again.

I just want to check this is what the arm rest is meant to do before I contact my dealer regarding it.
Yeah that sounds proper. ;) The below horizontal position is quite handy to use the iDrive like controls, the only downside is that the lever starts to make a scratch on the handbrake handle because it hits it when you pull it up and the armrest is in that position :|

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Correction, checked it today. You can pull the armrest up without having to do anything but you have to lift the lever to move it down.
Ha! Good to know....I always lift the lever automatically so I didn't realize that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.