Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing the factory tour on Tuesday afternoon. I have owned a Mini for over 11 years and only work about 7 miles from Cowley at Oxford Airport and this is my first time on the tour, although I did go to Sytners F56 launch event there last March. Any chance anybody else on here is going to be on the same tour? Must spend most of Monday cleaning my car before taking it back to its birthplace.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Doing the factory tour on Tuesday afternoon. I have owned a Mini for over 11 years and only work about 7 miles from Cowley at Oxford Airport and this is my first time on the tour, although I did go to Sytners F56 launch event there last March. Any chance anybody else on here is going to be on the same tour? Must spend most of Monday cleaning my car before taking it back to its birthplace.
That would be a great experience! While you are there, look to see if they are building a Midnight Black JCW with manual trans would ya? :)

I remember touring the BMW plant in Spartanburg, SC (USA) back in 2002 with X5's on the assembly line. Quite an experience. BMW does something I don't think MINI does: they have a gps chip on the hood (bonnet) (where the roundel emblem goes) so the owner can actually "track their car's progress" every inch throughout the plant during assembly! That's pretty cool, and that was 13 years ago!

Enjoy!

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
179 Posts
Enjoy HP, I did this tour last August and it was very interesting.

I am an engineer myself and found the tour most interesting, a bit different to my college trip tour of Ford at Dagenham when I was an apprentice back in the late 1970's!!!

The tour people are really nice too.

When we were there someone actually saw their Mini on the assembly line when the tour guides traced their vin number, they were chuffed to bits and it was great to witness!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've always wanted to do that tour, so enjoy it for the rest of us!
My VO F56 S is scheduled for production as is my husband's EB F55 S, so send good vibes down the line for ours, maybe you will witness ours being born :D.

Annette

·
Registered
494 Posts
02, here is a little Teaser to hold you over.:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebnx0wzK9OU

I never did any Factory Tours but plenty of Museums like Porsche Mercedes etc etc. maybe I should put a Factory Tour on my to do list.
Thank you !
I never knew that this video ever existed. Great to watch.

I saw about a month ago this original Mini driving on the road,
Original Right Hand Drive (unusual for here), but never the less, it was fully restored.

I came up beside him in my 2015 at a red light, we turned heads to look at one another, we both smiled and he was proud as a peacock. Amazing. What a transformation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts