Mini Cooper Forum banner

Factory updates

14K views 53 replies 12 participants last post by  JCWNev 
#1 ·
Had a phone call from my dealer today saying that they've been informed to expect my new Cooper S Sport week commencing 22 March however, his words not mine it may arrive earlier as this happens quite often. He also mentioned to start expecting emails from the factory on updates of the build. Never heard of this before is this what happens 🤔

#2 ·
You get a series of emails. DON'T READ ON IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SPOIL THE SURPRISE AS I WAS ANd thought it great when it wasn't expected. Your dealer actually sends them on or ours did I think. First say you have a chassis number designated to the car then a week or so later build started, then same day it's in the paint shop then left and it's on its way. All v cute and exciting I felt.

#3 ·
When I purchased a new Audi I had a constant update as the car passed through the different areas of its production right up until it left the factory, this was done through an online portal called MyAudi. I did have various emails about the build progress when I bought a Mazda, so I think it's something a lot of manufacturers do to keep you up to date with your cars progress.

#9 ·
That's interesting my order went in on 19 January yet I've still not received any information on when to expect it to be built or delivered. Originally, the dealer said expect it w/c 22nd March and now he's saying the w/c 29th March. Did you receive the emails from your dealer or directly from the factory.

#13 ·
I get what you're saying, but I tend to get quite inpatient and frustrated with things, especially when you see other orders appearing to be processed quicker than others and honestly that's said with no intention whatsoever at having a dig at other members on here

#14 ·
I’m just as impatient as the rest of us, certainly no dig considered. When ordering I did check through various dealers and they did give varying lead times, all be it a few weeks different. Whenever I’ve brought a car before it appears that certain dealers get ‘slots’ no idea if this is happening here, but we’ll see. I’ve still not heard directly from the dealer so it may well be original 29th March date stands.
spec ordered is Nav pack and comfort pack with black bonnet stripes.

#15 ·
Honestly sometimes I'm sure the dealers don't know what their talking about. When I was deciding to order mine back in mid January the dealer said if I was to go ahead and order it there and then, he had a build slot available for the 1st week in March with a mid month expected delivery date. So after placing the order and a deposit l might add, quick as a flash, absolutely nothing back from him and each time I email the dealer which is quite a lot, I get no real answers back from him. Surely there must be a way in which the dealers can liaise with the factory directly and get the necessary information 🤔

#29 ·
Got an update from my dealer today.

I ordered on 30th jan with 15th March est delivery. Hadn’t heard anything at all till today but apparently the car is built and on it’s way. all going well the local dealer will have the car in ~10 working days. Apparently my build not affected by changes to spec related to semi conductor probs. Just info for those of you anxious to know about delivery dates etc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.