Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've noticed this about my MINI and I can't seem to figure out how to fix it. Whenever I start the car, the air fans will not turn on, I have to wait about 15 seconds and then I have to manually turn the fan controls to start the fans up. If I don't touch the fan controls they just won't turn on, I've tried waiting like maybe 45 seconds, but I live in Arizona and it's already over 110 degrees (F) here and it is HOT. In this weather it's kind of a big deal that my fans don't turn on as soon as the car is started.

Anyone else have this problem? Is this normal or something I should bring to my dealers attention?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Not sure about that as I don't have my mini yet - so I am sure someone will let you know on that. It certainly doesn't sound right to me , as the fans should normally work within seconds of the engine starting- presumably you have climate control and it is set to Auto?

One thing I did notice on a youtube video was that there is a a option under climate settings to set a timer that will run the fans prior to you getting in the car , I did this recently 5 minutes before I left for home and it mad a big difference to the interior temperature of the car ( a 1 series)

·
Registered
734 Posts
I looked in the pdf owner's guide (page 132) and it does say you should select an air volume (centre knob) to switch it on, so maybe that's just how it works.

It also says you can set up a time for it to come on by itself to pre-heat or cool the car... apparently it will switch on at the set time and stay on for 30 minutes. I think you have to set this for each occasion.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Can start them from my iPhone for my 1 series..:D

thinking about it why doesn't the MINI get the remote functionality from the BMW's I can find the car and make it flash the lights too...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do not have dual zone climate control. And if you don't have dual zone, there is no climate control.

However, I still don't think that means my fans should not turn on when the car is started . I'm thinking I should mention it to the dealer.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I do not have dual zone climate control. And if you don't have dual zone, there is no climate control.

However, I still don't think that means my fans should not turn on when the car is started . I'm thinking I should mention it to the dealer.
I think so too. It's got to be something that can be rectified

·
Registered
734 Posts
Do you explicity switch it off when you leave the car?

It says in the manual that air conditioning settings are part of the profile (associated with the key fob) but I don't know whether that includes whether it's on or off.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you explicity switch it off when you leave the car?

It says in the manual that air conditioning settings are part of the profile (associated with the key fob) but I don't know whether that includes whether it's on or off.
I will look under my profile settings but I don't think that's the case because I always leave my fans on, especially right now in this 100+ degree weather.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts