Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

· Registered
1,896 Posts
Hard to say, we have had the ones at Indy to slightly over 140 (2015 JCW's), but they are stock minis. The 2.0 engine is a great engine and can be tweaked to produce a phenomenal amount of HP for a small engine. Minis are a great little handling car and quick with a fun factor that is off the charts. But, they are built for handling rather than insane speeds. The F series handle at speed better than the earlier series, but they still have a short wheelbase and that limits speed as they are quick and anything much above 150 is probably too much for the average gear head like me.

· Registered
375 Posts
My 2015 MCS has already problems getting the stock 192hp on the road. Loads of torque steering and the traction control system working like crazy in first 3 gears. It's on Michelin Primacy tyres from factory which I think are rubbish! Will switch to Bridgestone Potenza or Dunlop Sportmaxx when winter is over. Was always quite happy with those on my BMW. The F56 is too light to handle insane amounts of power on just the front wheels.

· Registered
150 Posts
nothing else, toying with decat at the moment, ive got an auto and the auto box wouldnt go past 416nm without having a fit so we stopped there, the tuner said its capable of well over 300bhp in a manual

Wow, I can't believe it got that high, have you got a de-cat fitted? Any other modifications? Like brakes, suspension, different tyres?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
150 Posts
No I'm on 215 40 18 pilot super sports, gonna just refurb the standard wheels black. the pss improved traction greatly although the dunlop sportmaxx were good for traction just poor for ride quality.

Have you still got run flats? Do you find they give good traction? I'm looking into pilot supersports with some different black alloys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.