Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Hard to say, we have had the ones at Indy to slightly over 140 (2015 JCW's), but they are stock minis. The 2.0 engine is a great engine and can be tweaked to produce a phenomenal amount of HP for a small engine. Minis are a great little handling car and quick with a fun factor that is off the charts. But, they are built for handling rather than insane speeds. The F series handle at speed better than the earlier series, but they still have a short wheelbase and that limits speed as they are quick and anything much above 150 is probably too much for the average gear head like me.

·
Registered
375 Posts
My 2015 MCS has already problems getting the stock 192hp on the road. Loads of torque steering and the traction control system working like crazy in first 3 gears. It's on Michelin Primacy tyres from factory which I think are rubbish! Will switch to Bridgestone Potenza or Dunlop Sportmaxx when winter is over. Was always quite happy with those on my BMW. The F56 is too light to handle insane amounts of power on just the front wheels.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm running 301bhp in my F56 JCW, 0-60 around 4.8/5 seconds depending on the launch, I'd say its pretty quick! The mid range is amazing!
Never been able to push the limit unfortunately, not worth trying on a public road.

What mods have you done to achieve this figure?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've heard the Mini JCW remap on a F56 can produce 250bhp on a rolling road. The BMW B48 engine in the F56 can potentially produce 310bhp I've read...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Nope, made 292 with just the ecu tune and then with the flap open on the new exhaust it made just over 300. flap open added about 8hp

Wow, I can't believe it got that high, have you got a de-cat fitted? Any other modifications? Like brakes, suspension, different tyres?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
nothing else, toying with decat at the moment, ive got an auto and the auto box wouldnt go past 416nm without having a fit so we stopped there, the tuner said its capable of well over 300bhp in a manual

Wow, I can't believe it got that high, have you got a de-cat fitted? Any other modifications? Like brakes, suspension, different tyres?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Have you still got run flats? Do you find they give good traction? I'm looking into pilot supersports with some different black alloys

·
Registered
150 Posts
No I'm on 215 40 18 pilot super sports, gonna just refurb the standard wheels black. the pss improved traction greatly although the dunlop sportmaxx were good for traction just poor for ride quality.

Have you still got run flats? Do you find they give good traction? I'm looking into pilot supersports with some different black alloys

·
Registered
170 Posts
Great, cheers I'll try and get some of them then, my run flats are terrible, I can spin in the dry in 3rd gear!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I went in another non mapped jcw with 17's and that had traction problems, strange that even with the run flats traction has not been a major issue.

Great, cheers I'll try and get some of them then, my run flats are terrible, I can spin in the dry in 3rd gear!!

·
Registered
375 Posts

That has nothing to do with the fact that they are run flat. What brand and type is fitted? Run flat or non run flat has no impact on the performance of the tyre.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had pirelli rf first, terrible grip.
Know i have the sportmaxx runflat , a lot better!
After these i'm going for michelin supersport non rf for better grip and more confort

1 - 20 of 60 Posts