Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my 2015 mini cooper s on the 15th of January I was excited and, I must admit, a little overwhelmed. This car has more technology than any car that I have ever owned. As a result, I was very pleased to hear about a feature that mini offered called "second date". As I have been told, this offering helps owners go over the car after a few weeks of ownership to see if there are any questions or if the owner is actually familiar with and taking advantage of everything the car has to offer. There are a few things that I am learning that I just outright missed in the first few weeks. Anyway, does anyone know how long after purchase I should be contacted for the appointment. I've owned the car over a month and still have not heard anything. When I brought my new car in to have the navigation installed about a week after purchase, the salesman said that I would be contacted by email. I was also keen to hear that the dealer tops off your gas and gives some sort of goody bag at the time of the "second date". Any insight would be welcome on this issue. Not feelin' the love of a "second date". One last thing, should I contact corporate or the dealer if I do not get contacted. At this time, I am a little disappointed in the dealership. The car was not washed and vacuumed as promoted in dealer's literature after the navigation was installed and I got a filthy loaner car at that time. Have heard that dealers jump when they get a call from corporate. Any thoughts on this would be welcomed also.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sorry that you feel let down by MINI.
The indifferent aftercare seems to be a MINI thing.
It is exactly the same here in UK.
I have now been without my car for 5days as it languishes in the dealer with a broken steering unit and no parts available.

·
Registered
237 Posts
There was another thread about second dates. I picked up my car in November and it was probably a good six weeks before I got a letter with a MINI bulldog pillow. This is the only freebie I got from them. On the second date they did clean the car and forgot to fill the gas tank (they did after I reminded them).

By the way, they couldn't answer some of my questions, and I find this forum is way more helpful in getting quick responses.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm shocked! I never got a second date call. Moooo!

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
It was mentioned to me by the salesman and finance person the day I took delivery that I would be contacted for a second date. It never happened. But there was no problem when I called up 3 months later to schedule it. What I did find out, however, is that it is a MINIUSA promotion and is paid for by them. They had me sign a form so they'd get reimbursed. I never got a goody bag but I did get the gas topped off and a wash, and of course, the car checked out by the mechanics. That's it.

So you need to be proactive in getting this free service, but not all dealers give out the same goodies.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I didn't get a letter but I got called into the dealer by my sales person was given a goodie bag with a JCW jacket in it! It must have been a good 6-8 weeks after I bought it. It wasn't called a 'second date' but they did ask me if I had questions and topped off my tank... which was already full (should have read up on this second date thing before going).

Seemed more like a goodwill or advocacy program from miniusa not the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
7,898 Posts
Have to disagree olliesgrandad,my aftercare,experience with sytner mini Nottingham has been wonderful with past minis and so far with this though I've not needed to go back other than for my winter wheels which i had fitted at soper lincoln who were equally brilliant. Felt like royalty.. I think it's quite d e aler dependent.

Reactions: vegbiker

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, thanks for the input. I think I will wait another couple of weeks and then I will call to make an appointment if I do not hear from them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wish Mini would call me!!!!!!

After owning my 2014 S for 9 months I wish they would take this death trap back. In mid-mode my car lurches forward when you start to take your foot off the brake. They keep telling me there is nothing wrong with the car and yet my wife and daughter refuse to drive it because of this dangerous problem!
My previous 2011 was fine but this piece of *#$% is an accident waiting to happen.
I guess it will only be a matter of time until someone is badly injured or killed and then good luck mini in fighting off a class action law suit!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I really don't know why more dealers don't offer Second Dates - it costs them NOTHING, but one person's time. I think they even get a little kickback from MINI...

My dealer doesn't do a goodie bag (new customers get one from the dealer at delivery), but they do hand out $50 gas gift cards on Second Dates. Much easier than trying to time your fuel level around your appointment! LOL

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm shocked! I never got a second date call. Moooo!
this has also come as a surprise to me as I was never contacted by the dealer for a "Second date" or maybe Mini SA doesn't offer this service at all, I shall be contacting my dealer to find out.

·
Super Moderator
7,898 Posts
USA I think but here in the uk they're at the end of the phone and so lovely.if I popped in they would do their utmost to help in any way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to say, I bought a used Audi from a Mini dealership. Thats right USED and they have treated me like a freaking KING. A little back story, I drove 2 hours to save about $2500. Because I live in an area where things are more expensive just because. I traded them a car that barely ran and I was surprised it even made it the whole way. Then negotitated the price of the Audi down and took it off the lot. It was late so i couldnt see if anything was wrong but it ran like a top so I took the plunge. The next day I took it to a local shop to have a fully inspection done and the mechanic found a small oil leak. I called Mini and explained what was found and they have bent over backward to make me happy and comfortable while they not only fix the leak but go over the car from front to back! Which resulted in them finding another issue and telling me that to ensure that my car was flawless they were sending it to an audi dealership to correct the issue AND ANY THAT AUDI FINDS! In the meantime im zipping around in an awesome little Mini, a car that I've always admired but never looked into very much. Now I think I may trade my other car, not the Audi, in for one of these! So anyone complaining about customer service from a Mini dealership I say to you you got a lemon dealer because if this dealership would go through this much trouble for a used Audi i cant even imagine what they would do if I bought a new Mini.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have never been contacted by the dealer for a second date. I have had the F56 2015 since Oct./14.......do they offer this follow up in Canada? Anyone

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Don't get me wrong, I really love my mini. Just could use a once over on the tech aspects of the vehicle. It is much more hi-tech than any other car I've owned. I am learning a lot from the forums, reading the owners manual and accidentally pressing buttons, and just experimenting. But, I am sure there are things I am missing. I think I will give the dealer a little more time, then just call my salesman. I really want to get the most out of the experience. For example, I think I could be programming my mini portable navigation. However, I am a little hesitant as after mini installed it, my Bluetooth phone contacts were wiped out. I tried to reinstall for an hour and couldn't get it to work. It even took the dealer tech about 45 minutes to get them to take. So, I am essentially concerned that I could actually screw things up by just blindly experimenting. I learned a lot during the delivery, but I know I missed some stuff. In short, I like the concept of second date... just hope it happens.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Seriously, if you have questions or think there's more to learn, don't wait for them to contact you. Call or go there and I'm sure they'd be happy to help you out. This is all much ado about nothing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As a current "Mini Product Genius", my whole job is to do second dates and help people with questions about their cars. It is a pilot program, so I'm not sure if your dealership has a Genius on staff, but I'd call and see if they do. Either way, I'd call and ask about a second date. Your salesman should get an RO for you to sign, a Let's Deliver Checklist for you to sign, and a keyread printout. At our dealership, we give out $50.00 gas gift cards for those that come in as well as wash/vacuum their cars. Any questions I can help with, I'd be happy to do my best.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts