Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Brown truck brought me a present today. A new set of Konig wheels. 17X8 with 45mm offset. My new OEM TPMS should be here Friday and so should my Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 tires size 215/45X17. Now I'll have my all season tires on the stock tentacle spoke wheels for winter and the new set of summer tires for warmer weather. Next move is NM Engineering springs, RSB, and end links. Things are coming together little by little. :D

Yeah, yeah, I know.... fracking spell correct!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
The Brown truck brought me a present today. A new set of Konig wheels. 17X8 with 45mm offset. My new OEM TPMS should be here Friday and so should my Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 tires size 215/45X17. Now I'll have my all season tires on the stock tentacle spoke wheels for winter and the new set of summer tires for warmer weather. Next move is NM Engineering springs, RSB, and end links. Things are coming together little by little. :D

Yeah, yeah, I know.... fracking spell correct!
Getting ready to rock and roll on the MOTD? We are house bound today with ill tempered Mother Nature's winter time offerings!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
It seems that all you folks in the USA are fitting 17" wheels,wonder why.Waiting to see somebody fit some nice 18" wheels.
I think it's personal taste thing, combined with wheel styles available for the JCW, among other mods.

For me, I won't go down to a 17" wheel....18's just look so much better on the F56 imo (but that's only my opinion). I've seen some sweet set-ups with aftermarket 17" wheels too!

The OP's new wheels will look awesome no doubt...very nice looking wheels for sure!

John

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It seems that all you folks in the USA are fitting 17" wheels,wonder why.Waiting to see somebody fit some nice 18" wheels.
Better selection of tires in 17", and less $. Also, the taller aspect ratio of a 17" makes them more forgiving when encountering the random pothole.

Nice looking wheels. Will the stock center caps work with them?
Don't know yet. I just got my car back tonight. I will check tomorrow. If they don't, these wheels came with caps. I'll just paint'em red. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Getting ready to rock and roll on the MOTD? We are house bound today with ill tempered Mother Nature's winter time offerings!
That's the plan dan. I'm also planning to have helix install my new intercooler while I'm there. The weather is just starting to hit locally too. Sucks don't it? :(

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Yeah, not as bad today as it was yesterday and we had entertainment yesterday. Some of the local thugs stole 2 cars earlier this week and drove them onto a 60 odd acre abandoned overgrown farm next to ours that is pretty rough and wooded. They got the cars stuck and I thought they were just some of the local 4 wheelers until I saw nice, relatively new sedans that were stuck in the muck and they were frantically trying to get them out. All of a sudden they took off running down towards an old barn next to our property and I spotted the sheriff. We pointed them out to the sheriff and he apprehended two of the three that we saw and wanted to know if I could take him up in the plane. I advised him no, that the plan was out of annual, my BFR is not current, and the weather was IFR and it is not an IFR equipped aircraft. As it turned out they had stolen them from a car lot and were using them as mobile meth labs! Exciting times in the Knobs! He asked if I had my shotgun handy. I smiled, he knew!

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got back from getting my wheels/tires mounted. Crappy cellphone pics, but I like the looks of the wheels. Konig Oversteer 17X8 et45 with Goodyear Eagle F1 summer tires 215/45X17
It'll look better when I get the red calipers. Still trying to decide if I'm going with the NM springs or JCW Pro coil overs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.