Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I would know if there is the possibility to mount the led in the ellipse zone like you can see in the pic below

Here, instead, the ellipse without led

Do you know how to disassemble the ellipse and connect the Led strip?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here you can see better the led on

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'd be interested in knowing too. I have the piano black accents with no LED trim like that.

And not to hijack the thread, but I have a question about the LED mood light around the center display. When I use my fob, I get my beautiful violet ring which only changes if I adjust the radio volume or the temperature. When done, the violet reappears.

If my wife borrows the car and uses the other fob (I know, that might be the problem in the first place) the violet goes away and the center display just displays the white on the left and reddish orange on the right. Nothing will make the violet come back even if I start it with my fob, until I've parked the car at work for 8 hours. Then my violet comes back.

I've searched through the user manual and can't find any description of this behavior and toggling the mood light switch by the mirror only changes the colors in the door handles. No effect on the center display.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'd be interested in knowing too. I have the piano black accents with no LED trim like that.

And not to hijack the thread, but I have a question about the LED mood light around the center display. When I use my fob, I get my beautiful violet ring which only changes if I adjust the radio volume or the temperature. When done, the violet reappears.

If my wife borrows the car and uses the other fob (I know, that might be the problem in the first place) the violet goes away and the center display just displays the white on the left and reddish orange on the right. Nothing will make the violet come back even if I start it with my fob, until I've parked the car at work for 8 hours. Then my violet comes back.

I've searched through the user manual and can't find any description of this behavior and toggling the mood light switch by the mirror only changes the colors in the door handles. No effect on the center display.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
The lighting prefernces are programmed onto your fob which is why the second fob doesnt have the same settings, however the car should recognise your fob straight away and revert to your settings.

To programme the centre ring between Active and Ambient lighting you need tovuse the menu in the central display, under car settings you should be able to find this option

·
Registered
173 Posts
The lighting prefernces are programmed onto your fob which is why the second fob doesnt have the same settings, however the car should recognise your fob straight away and revert to your settings.

To programme the centre ring between Active and Ambient lighting you need tovuse the menu in the central display, under car settings you should be able to find this option
Would I select the basic or event setting? Those were the only two options that I saw under that option.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I confess I wish I had known how to get the light piping around the trim back when I ordered. I just didn't understand how that worked enough to ask at the time. No regrets, but I'd like to have those... but I saved some money so I suppose it works out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I confess I wish I had known how to get the light piping around the trim back when I ordered. I just didn't understand how that worked enough to ask at the time. No regrets, but I'd like to have those... but I saved some money so I suppose it works out.
Had I configured one instead of buying off the showroom floor, I would have definitely gotten it. But it would be nice to know if it's something that can be added to an existing car.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Would I select the basic or event setting? Those were the only two options that I saw under that option.
Basic display --> Ambient lighting

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can go further with the Ambient setting by using the toggle above your rear view mirror to set the color, or even have it cycle through them. It's kinda fun on occasion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
do you only get the led strips on the doors with fibre alloy then, i'm confused as I was going to order piano black and the excitement pack ?

·
Registered
185 Posts
It only comes with the mini yours trim (off-white, Fibre alloy or cottonwood) with off white you also get white down pieces either side of the 12v socket. The pictures I have seen of this option really look good and suit the mini.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts