Mini Cooper Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So put a deposit on this wee gem tonight collect it next Wednesday, it's a silver/white colour 2015 58k cooper, has heated seats, parking sensors, led headlights, black head liner, centre armrest, tinted Windows and the visual boost radio. The wife is well please couple of jobs to do...
Detail/clean and see what can be done with the discoloured front bumper mould (black part with number plate on it) seems it should be gloss black but turned a purply faded colour I'm guessing with sun/weather exposure - have you guys easily fixed this? Replace it or wrap it? Here's a few pictures thanks for all the help and guidance over the last week or so
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Window
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Land vehicle
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Window
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Land vehicle
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle
Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

·
Registered
2019 A94 F56 JCW AUTO
148 Posts
So out a deposit on this wee gem tonight collect it next Wednesday, it's a silver/white colour 2015 58k cooper, has heated seats, parking sensors, led headlights, black head liner, centre armrest, tinted Windows and the visual boost radio. The wife is well please couple of jobs to do...
Detail/clean and see what can be done with the discoloured front bumper mould (black part with number plate on it) seems it should be gloss black but turned a purply faded colour I'm guessing with sun/weather exposure - have you guys easily fixed this? Replace it or wrap it? Here's a few pictures thanks for all the help and guidance over the last week or so View attachment 79225 View attachment 79226 View attachment 79227 View attachment 79225 View attachment 79226 View attachment 79227 View attachment 79228 View attachment 79229 View attachment 79230
Congrats on your new Mini! I would wrap it as it would fade again on the new one unless parked in the garage, mine is faded from parked outside for 3 years.

·
Registered
345 Posts
There are lots of YouTube videos and even forum posts on how to replace the faded licence plate section. I did it myself on my car, the part was around 60€. Make sure you buy the right part as Mini cheekily charge 40€ for just the tow hook flap portion of this part, so you might get caught.
Took me about an hour to do it (and grill surround and radiator chrome strip replacement).

·
Registered
2016 Mini Cooper Convertible, Blazing Red
100 Posts
I've bookmarked these two YouTube videos on replacing the front bumper trim:

If you do it yourself, the one thing I would suggest is using a Dremel tool or other hobby tool with a cutting blade to cut the retaining tabs of the black crossbar, rather than try to release them with a screwdriver. You're going to toss the old piece, and if these two videos are any indication, it's a bit daunting to release the tabs.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Congrats. One of my friends has a 3cyl MINI with a manual transmission. He gets in the low 40mpg (US) on 75mph+ trips. The 3 cylinder is an amazing engine and is really fun to drive with a manual.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts