Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I picked up my f56 jcw finally :)) I put most extras on bar the pana roof , parking sensors and heated seats! Just wow ... What an amazing car!! I have the chronograph pack installed and seen it only boosts to 0.8 bar when I heard it was meant to be 1? Does anybody know what it's supposed to boost to? I was wondering if it was just an ecu restriction until it was run in! What's everyone think of there's? I think it's unbelieveable and the noise just blows my mind! But the mpg isn't so great lol ... Who cares? Also does anyone know why my texts won't come up on the screen? Anyway enough with the talking ... This is my car :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Awesome looking JCW....would be so cool to get a group pic of all JCW owners with their cars....we all seem to be similarly afflicted! LOL!

Enjoy!

John

·
Registered
41 Posts
Excellent stuff looking hot in Thunder Grey. MINI UK certainly seem to be shifting a lot of JCWs this month! - Got mine due in 11 days!

Awesome looking JCW....would be so cool to get a group pic of all JCW owners with their cars....we all seem to be similarly afflicted! LOL!

Enjoy!

John
I think it could be quite costly to arrange that John! Especially as MINI UK finance arrangements don't let us take the cars out of the EU (I tried getting mine over for MTTS 2016!)

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
We haven't pushed ours that hard yet as we are attempting to break it in as suggested by mini for the first 2,000 miles, but it has been hard to hold back. .8 is all we have achieved to-date as well. We will pass the 2,000 mile mark today and after I change the oil and filter and have it analyzed I will see what it can do. If I remember I will furnish the data. I seem to have a progressive case of CRS, therefore, until I revisit this thread I probably won't remember to do it!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Excellent stuff looking hot in Thunder Grey. MINI UK certainly seem to be shifting a lot of JCWs this month! - Got mine due in 11 days!

I think it could be quite costly to arrange that John! Especially as MINI UK finance arrangements don't let us take the cars out of the EU (I tried getting mine over for MTTS 2016!)
If you love twisties and performance drive and want fun time in the US consider the MOTD! Check out the website.
http://www.minisonthedragon.com/2016-intro.php

·
Registered
84 Posts
HAd my JCW almost two weeks now hard holding it back for the first 1200 miles but gotta make sure that engine beds in well. But still having fun regardless needs a wash though but cant till this rains goes away!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
HAd my JCW almost two weeks now hard holding it back for the first 1200 miles but gotta make sure that engine beds in well. But still having fun regardless needs a wash though but cant till this rains goes away!
My dad drove my mum's home from the dealer on handover day, I can safely say he bedded it in himself... It smelt like it was going to set on fire when we got home!

·
Registered
199 Posts
So yesterday I picked up my f56 jcw finally :)) I put most extras on bar the pana roof , parking sensors and heated seats! Just wow ... What an amazing car!! I have the chronograph pack installed and seen it only boosts to 0.8 bar when I heard it was meant to be 1? Does anybody know what it's supposed to boost to? ...
Congrats on the delivery!

There is no set boost pressure. The ECU calculates torque output depending on your right foot and all engine and environmental sensors. On a hot summer day it will need to run more boost to achieve peak torque, and on a cold winter day it will need less boost for the same torque.

Also, how you move your foot is an important factor in the torque request calculation. A gentle tip-in will not activate the overboost like a firm mash of the pedal.

As for engine break-in, according to my used oil analysis the engine is already broken-in at the factory, so the only thing to be mindful of is the clutch, brakes, and tires.

Enjoy,
Ryan

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Being and older enthusiast I broke the car in with spirited, but not hard driving. I now have slightly more than 2,000 miles on the car and after an oil and filter change and an oil analysis to verify that internals are fine it will be time for hard driving. We drove the new F56, JCWs hard at the Miles Ahead Driving School, performance driving training at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway grand prix circuit. We, my wife and I took the course first in the S earlier and decided to return individually for the JCWs. The S was fun, the JCW was awesome. These little cars are too much fun to be street legal, we managed 130 t0 140 mph in the straights! After we completed the second training we ordered the F56! I wonder what a remap would do for performance?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.