Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a while since I've been on here, I've upgraded my Cooper for a Cooper S with the JCW tuning pack, I've changed the chrome strip to Red in the front grill, added JCW wing mirrors and added Matt black light surrounds back and front! Opinions...

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
looks great !
how did you do the red grill ?
are they official mini black light surrounds?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'm so glad I got the exhaust it sounds amazing (obviously when I am driving around private tracks lol)

The red part of the grill, I purchased a JCW grill off eBay and unclipped the old silver strip from behind the grill on the current one and replaced it with the red one.

The light surrounds I did myself, total cost £27- a special scourer pad, 2 coats of primer, 2 coats of black Matt and 3 coats of Matt lacquer! I was genuinely surprised at how well they have come out and at the half the cost of one of the black surrounds from MINI they were a bargain!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also the exhaust isn't really illegal it would just fail an MOT, when you compare the noise to that of a super car or super bike it is not as loud as them! My friend has a McLaren MP4-12C and trust me that is a lot louder lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks great !
how did you do the red grill ?
are they official mini black light surrounds?
Hi dmk it won't let me respond to your message?!? I got mine done at elms Camborne, I deal with them as I know the manager I think I paid £1600 - 10% I got it fitted before I picked the car up. It's expensive but totally worth it, everyone I have shown it to has really liked it and I've had people stop me to ask about it! Great that you don't effect warranty either and puts a smile on my face every time I double click the button! I have driven standard cooper S and with the tuning pack it is definitely quicker!

·
Registered
60 Posts
ok mate thanks for the info

·
Registered
436 Posts
looks brilliant!
i am in the same predicament ATM, having just ordered an S.
Did you get the tuning kit + remap as they call it?
or just the exhaust

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got both as they are both part of the tuning kit and really glad I did, just do it you only live once.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts