Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my F56 Mini One for 2 years and 1 month now, and it's been the best and worst car i've ever owned.
When the car works, it's excellent. Properly loved it. I Got it when I was 17 and it's been a great little run around...but...over the past 2 years, it's had 10 visits back to the dealer with over 15 issues in total. Some major, such as Turbo replacement, full front end resprays and some minor issues such a multiple warning lights caused by "loose wiring".

It's currently back at the dealer again(has been there for the past week) with an engine rattle they cannot diagnose and a broken drivers seat that the somehow failed to fix.
The car is on a 4 year finance deal so getting out was going to be difficult and most likely costly but after sitting down with a Manager of the dealership, it wasn't going to cost as much as expected.

£500 to get out of the car (with the dealer paying a few thousand towards the negative equity), a Cooper S came out at a price that was reasonable. So today I pulled the trigger.
It's a car that they have sitting at one of their lots so is getting transferred to the dealer on Tuesday and then it's getting the wheels sprayed black before we pick it up on Wednesday night. The car was built in November, so hasn't been sitting too long but i'll be giving it a thorough inspection before taking delivery just to make sure everything looks fine.

Spec:
F56 Cooper S
Thunder Grey
Chili Pack
Visual Boost
Black 17" Cosmos

Fairly basic spec, but it's a big step up from my F56 One that has next to no options on it. I would have loved a few more options but giving my age, insurance isn't the cheapest so some small sacrifices had to be made.

The dealer has agreed to give me my car back on Tuesday for a day so I can take all my mods off it and return it back to stock and that will be the last time i'll see it.
My dealer has been absolutely useless to work with the entire time I've had the car and I swore I'd never go back but I think they may have redeemed themselves slightly here.
It's been a nightmare of a car to live with but I'm sad to see it go.

On to bigger and better things.

P.S Looking for feedback from anyone who has a Remus Cat-Back exhaust on their Cooper S....

· Registered
1,837 Posts
I just hope this isn't a repeat like mine has been, my second attempt at rejection is currently in process... I doubt I'll be able to do it as I've already rejected a Cooper D last year.

I hope your new car brings a smile to your face and that you don't have any issues with it, as I'm sure there are some cars out there that are faultless. However, I do feel like you should've waited and seen what MINI FS could've offered you... Your dealer has basically just fobbed you off and took some more money from you to get another year end sale.

Still.. New cars are exciting so I expect photos!

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Completely agree to be honest, I should have waited but at the end of the day, I couldn't be bothered wasting my time waiting for Mini and all the emails back and forth.
They offered me a good deal on the car I wanted so i went for it and I get to pick it up in 4 days.
If any issues do occur with the new car however, I'll be in touch with Mini

I just hope this isn't a repeat like mine has been, my second attempt at rejection is currently in process... I doubt I'll be able to do it as I've already rejected a Cooper D last year.

I hope your new car brings a smile to your face and that you don't have any issues with it, as I'm sure there are some cars out there that are faultless. However, I do feel like you should've waited and seen what MINI FS could've offered you... Your dealer has basically just fobbed you off and took some more money from you to get another year end sale.

Still.. New cars are exciting so I expect photos!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.