Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Oh boy Karl!!!!! You better get all over that one! LOL! It just doesn't get much better than that! What a gorgeous JCW!!!! :D If you go look at it, you really NEED to take your checkbook! I love that look! Perfect for AZ too!

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well did some tire kicking on the JCW sure is a pretty devil loved the seats color combo it is so sweet however wrong tranny. Why is it that Dealers can not take the time and make sure information on there site is correct and update.:mad::mad:

see it only got 2 pedals.....:|

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dan I love the car but I now have Sticker Shock Symptoms.... or like they say in the medical field "triple S" my hands started shaking shortness of breath and sweating like it was a hot summer day in Phoenix. The Factory Sticker was $ 40800 and the Dealer added $ 3k on options like tint low jack ceramic paint protection etc etc etc and touch up paint. So I had some fancy free Fiji bottled water that the dealer provided and drove home in my beloved 3 Banger with the checkbook still stuck in my back pocket.:D:D

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Well did some tire kicking on the JCW sure is a pretty devil loved the seats color combo it is so sweet however wrong tranny. Why is it that Dealers can not take the time and make sure information on there site is correct and update.:mad::mad:

see it only got 2 pedals.....:|

It was hard to tell in the pic, but I thought I only saw two pedals. Great car nonetheless, as Dan said! That explains the $40k price tag now. I get really ticked when dealers say "Manual" under Transmission in ads...happens ALOT! I review Autotrader all the time. So far, I've only seen one car in the USA with a VIN lower than my manual transmission 2015 JCW (and that car's VIN was only 5 lower than mine)...it's a rare bird for sure! (1 or 37).

Karl, I know that feeling....and it feels so good keeping the $$ in your pocket! I've had two experiences traveling to buy vintage BMW's ( a '73 2002 & a '90 M3) that I walked away from....sickening feeling, but I'd have been waaay sicker had I gone ahead and bought something against my better judgement! As they say, "a fool and his money are soon parted!"

Glad you got to drive it though.....but I hope you drove it proper in manual mode "sport" with the paddles! I didn't have a clue how to drive the automatic/paddles JCW my dealer got in "after" I ordered my manual JCW in April 2015! :eek: My MA took over behind the wheel and made that thing absolutely scream!

Enjoy your 3-banger for awhile longer...love it!

John

Reactions: KYDan and Evlkarl

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
John it is sweet ride and yes I drove it the proper way the sales person was a little pale in the face afterwards.:D:D. Time is on my side as far shopping for the perfect Mini or place an order with the goodies I want. My 3 Banger was a bit of a compromise since somebody else checked the option list and backed out of the deal but I got a very good deal on my trade. There is absolute nothing wrong with mine it is just a hobby of mine to shop for cars when I don,t need too that is how I always ended up with some great deals out the door.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I didn't get a great deal on mine, but I am happy, it's the first car that I ordered with all the options I wanted, at least I thought it was. As it turned out BMW, dba mini made changes in packages and base equipment that I was unaware of that brings to mind caveat emptor! However, I have my fire breathing mini monster with the exterior I wanted and the performance bells and whistles that I desired. I am a happy mini camper particularly on a good, remote twisting road. After all it still is a mini and it's always time to twist!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.