Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finale stage of ordering and spent more than intended already.
Don't dislike the standard trim on dash but looks like door trims are dull grey?
So is it worth upgrading to piano black or Firework. And if so which?
Can't find a decent pic of Firework

·
Registered
186 Posts
I just ordered mine with Firework. I had plain grey in my R53 and the checkered black/grey in my R56 so wanted a tiny bit of color on this one.
I found these pics when searching as I couldn't find one in the wild.
FYI it is one of the colors being discontinued starting July builds from what I just read on Motoringfile.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I rather like that actually, but I went with the piano black. The std check pattern was too busy for me personally...this looks more like carbon fiber than the check...looks nice imo!

·
Registered
186 Posts
My girlfriend just picked up her F55 S on Saturday and she did the Dark Silver(also being discontinued) and I really liked that as well.It was not shiny but a warm silver, should also hide fingerprints. But my husband really liked it so he's put that on his Electric Blue F55 S, so I went with the Firework.
The one thing I really don't like about the Piano Black is that is does show fingerprints like nobody's business, looks great when clean though :D. I like that with the Firework you do get a bit of Piano Black in other places but not so much that I'd have trouble keeping it looking nice.

Annette

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Decision made. Piano black ordered. Expensive but looks naked without something.

Final mission creep. Up over £1000! Not bad I suppose

·
Registered
186 Posts
The firework is only on the 2 pieces in the dash, the rest is piano black.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
.....The one thing I really don't like about the Piano Black is that is does show fingerprints like nobody's business, looks great when clean though :D
I sort of figured that, but the check pattern just took away from the solid black look everywhere else, so I changed to the piano black and added the center console.

One (and the only) good thing about ordering a JCW with manual transmission in early April is my order has just "sat waiting forever" and it made it easy to modify a few things...lol! In the end, I paid more but will hopefully be glad I changed a few things....still waiting....

John

·
Registered
186 Posts
I sort of figured that, but the check pattern just took away from the solid black look everywhere else, so I changed to the piano black and added the center console.

One (and the only) good thing about ordering a JCW with manual transmission in early April is my order has just "sat waiting forever" and it made it easy to modify a few things...lol! In the end, I paid more but will hopefully be glad I changed a few things....still waiting....

John

We are on our 5th MINI as a family. I have found that there are very few options that don't work in the final picture. I got In my '11 MCS earlier today and was reminded of how much time I spent agonizing over every detail but in the end I can barely remember each package or option. I am just happy to drive it every day :laugh:.

Reactions: 02fanatic
1 - 9 of 9 Posts