Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 F56 Cooper Sport, BR Green IV
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I’m hoping somebody on here will be able to help me out with this?

Basically, I have a sept. ‘19 built F56 with the 6.5” display, wireless CarPlay, touchscreen and navigation, (U.K.) VIN: WMWXR320702L34787

From what I understand, this means I am running ID5 (please correct me if I’m wrong,I’m a newbie to all this) and was wondering whether it’d be possible to upgrade to the new style UI? (I believe it’s called ID6). Looking on the mini connect website now, they clearly show a 6.5” screen running this new look menu.

If this is possible, would you be so kind as to tell me how I can go about it please?

I have seen a couple of people name dropped who should be able to help, but every time I try to message I get a ‘new user conversation limit reached’ error so I am opening it up to the floor!

Thanks for the help in advance,
Alex

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi all,

Basically, I have a sept. ‘19 built F56 with the 6.5” display, wireless CarPlay, touchscreen and navigation, (U.K.) VIN: WMWXR320702L34787

From what I understand, this means I am running ID5 (please correct me if I’m wrong,I’m a newbie to all this) and was wondering whether it’d be possible to upgrade to the new style UI? (I believe it’s called ID6). Looking on the mini connect website now, they clearly show a 6.5” screen running this new look menu.

If this is possible, would you be so kind as to tell me how I can go about it please?

I have seen a couple of people name dropped who should be able to help, but every time I try to message I get a ‘new user conversation limit reached’ error so I am opening it up to the floor!

Alex
Hello Alex
Done it on a 8.8 screen, and I think It will be the same for your screen.
You have to update your iStep to F056-21-03-5XX firmware (with e-sys or pay the dealer)then you can use Bimmercode to install id6 light (don't use id6, it will crash, seen it also on a bmw)So you need a V-gate wifi/bluetooth adapter to install id6 light.
go to head unit, then go in expert mode, then typ HMI and search for HMI_ID_VERSION_id6_light [03] then code.
If you want blue or red color change in the menu, go and search in the same HMI for HMI_MAIN_MENU_VERSION:modern [01]
If you have the sportsmode switch, you can set it to lounge, sport or the mode your driving in

best regards, Guillermo

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Alex
You have to update your iStep to F056-21-03-5XX firmware (with e-sys or pay the dealer)then you can use Bimmercode to install id6 light (don't use id6, it will crash, seen it also on a bmw)So you need a V-gate wifi/bluetooth adapter to install id6 light.
go to head unit, then go in expert mode, then typ HMI and search for HMI_ID_VERSION_id6_light [03] then code.
If you want blue or red color change in the menu, go and search in the same HMI for HMI_MAIN_MENU_VERSION:modern [01]
If you have the sportsmode switch, you can set it to lounge, sport or the mode your driving in

best regards, Guillermo

Thanks so much for the help. Once I get an enet lead, is flashing to the latest firmware an easy process? (Never done anything like that before)

I’d rather try and do it myself as the dealer will charge a lot to do it.

Thanks again
Alex

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks so much for the help. Once I get an enet lead, is flashing to the latest firmware an easy process? (Never done anything like that before)

I’d rather try and do it myself as the dealer will charge a lot to do it.

Thanks again
Alex
You will need e-sys (latest) you need to download loader with token master and Psdzdata files 2021.
Also you need atleast 180 gb off free space on your laptop.
And also you need a charger for your battery during coding.
And you need some kind of coding experience.
So I think when you never done this before, it will be not so easy
Or.... you go to your mini dealer, and complane about some issue's you have with your HU, rebooting some times or stuck on screen or not recougnize phone, not all the time but every 2 day's, so when you have still warranty on your mini, they will update your iStep for free to the latest (F056-21-03-5XX)
and when they have done this, you can install id6 light with bimmercode app and V-gate adapter.
Or you can ask Ndal2 on this forum if he can help you with remote coding

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an update for anybody who is following:

Thanks to guillermo013 I have successfully managed to load ID6 light onto my 6.5” touchscreen.

An issue I’m facing however, is the ID6 interface doesn’t seem to fit on the smaller screen? It seems the software is for the 8.8” screen only.
By that I mean the right side of the screen is cropped off so you can’t see all the information on screen

I’ll try and get some images to show my point, but has anybody managed to get this to work on the 6.5” unit without any image cropping?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello Alex

best regards, Guillermo

hi, do you know how to update do F056-21-03-5xx?
Not so easy like for BMW. Some days ago I updated soft for my collage car - F54. Car had orginal Soft K, so we wanted to update to the newest X 21-03 (ista base 4.29.22).
All steps like for normal update, started and finished with success. But finally we reacived soft U, means F056-20-03-xxx. So stall to old for id6.
For update to soft 21-03 necessary to change manufactirung date ..., or something. Not clear to me at the moment.
If somebody know please help, explain what is necessary to do in order to update to the newest 21-03.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi all,

Alex
Hi I have a 2021 new facelifted cooper s sport it has 8.8 inch touchscreen and digi dash as standard I don't have nav but I've read all different kind of things like. Carplay can be coded in along with other things that are on car just hidden I just don't know anything about this id5 id6 and nbt evo etc how do i know or find out all these things I've done a vin check I do have connected media but obviously the vin check only shows what I opted for no hidden as such things??? Many thanks if anyone can help me.. Uh

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hello Alex

best regards, Guillermo

Definitely make sure you have upgraded your Istep up to the newest version before you attempt coding it in BimmerCode to ID6 lite, I made that mistake and my car was bricked, stuck on the bootloader screen, thankfully I was able to have it updated to full ID6 with the enet Cable and help from a Kind soul…

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So where do i find the istep firmware?

Cheers!
For anybody who is still in warranty best advice is to go back to your dealer and tell them that you’re having issues with your idrive rebooting, audio not playing or anything like that, and then they’ll update to the latest istep free of charge.

For anybody who has the 6.5” NBT, at present ID6 lite crops off the right hand part of the image. Also, I don’t know if it’s a hardware limitation but the interface is a bit slow on performance in comparison to ID5.

Best bet for me has been to update to ID5_plus plus and then change the menu to the modern design. You’ll then get an interface which is nice and clean looking, but not ID 6 (Until somebody can find a work around to get the firmware working on the smaller screen properly)

·
Registered
81 Posts
How would you update to the modern design thanks
I took my car into the dealer with a Nav fault, they updated it to the latest software. I then had @ndal2 on here upgrade it ID6. Superb service from NDAL2 and it works faultlessly since installation nearly 1 month ago, i honestly couldn’t be happier with it.

Denso

·
Registered
29 Posts
So essentially i flashed, flash failed, all systems offline, car showing a barrage or errors and screen shows boot loader.... flashed again it worked i think... systems back on line... but what firmware is it now... i need to check....

·
Registered
42 Posts
So essentially i flashed, flash failed, all systems offline, car showing a barrage or errors and screen shows boot loader.... flashed again it worked i think... systems back on line... but what firmware is it now... i need to check....
You tried to flash to the newest I-level? Charger etc was Ok? I can check by team viewer if you want

1 - 20 of 56 Posts