Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 F56 Cooper Sport, BR Green IV
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I’m hoping somebody on here will be able to help me out with this?

Basically, I have a sept. ‘19 built F56 with the 6.5” display, wireless CarPlay, touchscreen and navigation, (U.K.) VIN: WMWXR320702L34787

From what I understand, this means I am running ID5 (please correct me if I’m wrong,I’m a newbie to all this) and was wondering whether it’d be possible to upgrade to the new style UI? (I believe it’s called ID6). Looking on the mini connect website now, they clearly show a 6.5” screen running this new look menu.

If this is possible, would you be so kind as to tell me how I can go about it please?

I have seen a couple of people name dropped who should be able to help, but every time I try to message I get a ‘new user conversation limit reached’ error so I am opening it up to the floor!

Thanks for the help in advance,
Alex

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi all,

I’m hoping somebody on here will be able to help me out with this?

Basically, I have a sept. ‘19 built F56 with the 6.5” display, wireless CarPlay, touchscreen and navigation, (U.K.) VIN: WMWXR320702L34787

From what I understand, this means I am running ID5 (please correct me if I’m wrong,I’m a newbie to all this) and was wondering whether it’d be possible to upgrade to the new style UI? (I believe it’s called ID6). Looking on the mini connect website now, they clearly show a 6.5” screen running this new look menu.

If this is possible, would you be so kind as to tell me how I can go about it please?

I have seen a couple of people name dropped who should be able to help, but every time I try to message I get a ‘new user conversation limit reached’ error so I am opening it up to the floor!

Thanks for the help in advance,
Alex
Hello Alex
Done it on a 8.8 screen, and I think It will be the same for your screen.
You have to update your iStep to F056-21-03-5XX firmware (with e-sys or pay the dealer)then you can use Bimmercode to install id6 light (don't use id6, it will crash, seen it also on a bmw)So you need a V-gate wifi/bluetooth adapter to install id6 light.
go to head unit, then go in expert mode, then typ HMI and search for HMI_ID_VERSION_id6_light [03] then code.
If you want blue or red color change in the menu, go and search in the same HMI for HMI_MAIN_MENU_VERSION:modern [01]
If you have the sportsmode switch, you can set it to lounge, sport or the mode your driving in

best regards, Guillermo

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
‘19 F56 Cooper Sport, BR Green IV
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Alex
Done it on a 8.8 screen, and I think It will be the same for your screen.
You have to update your iStep to F056-21-03-5XX firmware (with e-sys or pay the dealer)then you can use Bimmercode to install id6 light (don't use id6, it will crash, seen it also on a bmw)So you need a V-gate wifi/bluetooth adapter to install id6 light.
go to head unit, then go in expert mode, then typ HMI and search for HMI_ID_VERSION_id6_light [03] then code.
If you want blue or red color change in the menu, go and search in the same HMI for HMI_MAIN_MENU_VERSION:modern [01]
If you have the sportsmode switch, you can set it to lounge, sport or the mode your driving in

best regards, Guillermo

Thanks so much for the help. Once I get an enet lead, is flashing to the latest firmware an easy process? (Never done anything like that before)

I’d rather try and do it myself as the dealer will charge a lot to do it.

Thanks again
Alex

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks so much for the help. Once I get an enet lead, is flashing to the latest firmware an easy process? (Never done anything like that before)

I’d rather try and do it myself as the dealer will charge a lot to do it.

Thanks again
Alex
You will need e-sys (latest) you need to download loader with token master and Psdzdata files 2021.
Also you need atleast 180 gb off free space on your laptop.
And also you need a charger for your battery during coding.
And you need some kind of coding experience.
So I think when you never done this before, it will be not so easy
Or.... you go to your mini dealer, and complane about some issue's you have with your HU, rebooting some times or stuck on screen or not recougnize phone, not all the time but every 2 day's, so when you have still warranty on your mini, they will update your iStep for free to the latest (F056-21-03-5XX)
and when they have done this, you can install id6 light with bimmercode app and V-gate adapter.
Or you can ask Ndal2 on this forum if he can help you with remote coding

1 - 5 of 5 Posts