1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello fellow F56-owners,

Since this last week i'm a pepperwhite cooper owner
in the Netherlands,,
what a power for a 3-cylinder !(in my remberance almost a fast as my standard MCS in 2002 when i drove one of the first 'S's , her in the NL)

Now i'm planning to make a project for my new cooper
spacers 20mm on each wheel, LIFTING 50 mm springs?
and black steel wheels with cross tyres.
the question is;
what are the measurements and particular things and numbers
I need to know about the wheels en springs??

tomorrow i will start with the side stickers and graphic designs

something like this countryman
http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/countryman-wheels-tires-and-brakes/240418-off-road.html

·
Registered
55 Posts
Rally style tyres

Hi. This was exactly what I wanted to do with the MC that i have on order... however Spain is very strict with regulations and there's no way the car will pass the ITV (circulation inspection). Another annoying thing is that the warranty will be void if I raise the car and I'm not experienced enough as to be able to add/remove parts myself before taking to routine insections, etc. I live in Ibiza... tons of dirt roads so raising the car would be great, but it doesn't seem to be possible for the time being. Kinda sucks!

So I've been trying to figure out what I can do and still keep things legal... I wanted to see if i could find some Rally type tires and rims (maybe 'downgrade' to some 14-15" and get a taller profile tire with small studs or a more off-roady print. I asked the dealer what the maximum allowance for tires is from the brand... they came up with this:

205/40 R18 86W

The idea would be to extract actual max diameter of the tyre and match it but with a different configuration. ie/ smaller rim/ taller profile tyre/ as wide as possible.

Would be cool if you had any info on this, or what have you been looking at! Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.