Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought myself a 2015 Cooper S... looking for common issues that may arise and any cheap first mods?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Looks cool! Have fun...i can see you have halogen lights. Dont try to retrofit leds... its allot of work to go from halogen to led. Union jack tail lights is easier tho... dechroming would als fit this car very nicely.

On these cars there arn’t much issues reported yet. One thing tho, if its a manual, the earlier models had a callback regarding the crackshaft bearing which wares out very fast causing engine damage. If its an automatic no worries...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks cool! Have fun...i can see you have halogen lights. Dont try to retrofit leds... its allot of work to go from halogen to led. Union jack tail lights is easier tho... dechroming would als fit this car very nicely.

On these cars there arn’t much issues reported yet. One thing tho, if its a manual, the earlier models had a callback regarding the crackshaft bearing which wares out very fast causing engine damage. If its an automatic no worries...
Great thank you! I plan on dechroming and also tinting the back side windows and the rear window... I havent seem many modded minis around my area so honestly abit stuck on what i could possibly do!
Ill keep an eye on the bearings as it is indeed a manual!

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
923 Posts
Check inside the door shuts where the tyres stickers are as paint rub is common where the hard rubber seal wears through the paint - even out of warranty a lot of cars are getting this rectified by Mini (repaint, new seals and clear film).
Check under the carpet in the boot, some early cars have a leaky seal around the tailgate causing water to leak into the boot and sit in the small well

·
Registered
205 Posts
Welcome to MINIs @SGBY! That's a lovely blank canvas to start personalising. I like those 'Tentacle Spoke' (I think) wheels in black, but not so much the arch gap. If you want to lower it a little bit on a budget, then fitting lowering springs is very reasonable, especially if you're ok with the spanners and do it yourself. Enjoy!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just bought myself a 2015 Cooper S... looking for common issues that may arise and any cheap first mods? View attachment 70523
Puddle lights were my first easy, cheap and very effective mod. Bought from Amazon for about £13.
My second mod was dechrome kit from Killallchrome (around £270 with black badges too).
Mid resonator delete would be a very effective choice. Costs about £90 but increases exhaust sound and I believe enhances pops and crackles on Cooper s models.
Also, a Carbon JCW exhaust tip would be a nice touch. Around £70

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've only had my cooper S for a few months with no issues other than the fact that I wished it was a JCW. It has the appearance package so it looks the part but I had to add a Dinan Elite tuner to get a little more hp untill it's out of warranty. I added black door handle covers and gas door cover to almost complete the blacked out look.
20200624_183831.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts