Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since picking up my new MCS on Valentine's Day, I've always noticed the alert on start up advising me of Cruella's August 2015 service date (which I always thought was erroneous) and the 10K mileage countdown accurately recorded adjacent to it.

Because my preferred dealer is quite a commute (some 3 hours or so) AND since she currently only has just under 3,500 miles under her skirts and is only six months old, I called my service department to validate the alert.

I was promptly advised "Yes, indeed, your MINI is ready for its first service because your computer is based on the production date." My service manager also advised Cruella's new headrest (the original was damaged in production) finally arrived as did replacement door seals (surely a proactive measure on their part).

So, off we go for a day trip next week... with a lesson learned... heed the onboard computer, no matter what you read in the owner manual. I can't say I mind her fluids being changed shortly after break in as opposed to waiting another six months. And I truly appreciate this dealer's proactive stance regarding troublesome door seals.

On the off chance if anyone thinks of any questions or concerns I should address during this service visit, please let this new MINI owner know. As always, thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like Sandia Mini got it together you might want to ask them about the Recall that just has been posted on this site.:)

http://www.motoringfile.com/section/recallscampaigns/
You are SO right, Evlkarl. I really LOVE Sandia Mini and they are well worth the commute.

Will definitely add that recall item to my 'wish list' (which, other than picking up some touchup paint to recover two minor road debris chips on Cruella's bosom, is fairly minor). Thanks for the link too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts