Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - saw these 3 FJCW's on a Transporter in Lancaster today - they look awesome! Even with the wrappers on ;0)
Apologies for the poor quality they were taken whilst driving past at about 60mph

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
60mph! That traffic looks like they're doing some serious tailgating haha :D
Great effort with the pics, kind of wished I'd waited and gone for the jcw myself..

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Hi all - saw these 3 FJCW's on a Transporter in Lancaster today - they look awesome! Even with the wrappers on ;0)
Apologies for the poor quality they were taken whilst driving past at about 60mph
Got my attention for sure! I live in Lancaster County, PA (USA)...I knew that was too good to be true! Of course, those are obviously automatics too, but that's ok. Gotta love em!

It's gonna be a long 4 or 5 months until my JCW arrives with the manual trans!

Reactions: Escho83

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
60mph! That traffic looks like they're doing some serious tailgating haha :D
Great effort with the pics, kind of wished I'd waited and gone for the jcw myself..
Black ones were taken by my gf whilst I drove as close as I dare behind - I took the other two in stationary traffic further down the road :0)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I just heard of the first ones hitting the US: A dealer in Massachusetts got theirs today.

Reactions: pjsjr13

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
just me or do those back shots appear to show the JCW exhaust as standard? i had seen other forums stating this wasnt the case
What are you saying? The JCW exhaust is the same as the other models? They are usually a bit larger diameter iirc. Hard to tell from that angle.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The fJCW gets a JCW exhaust standard, but it is NOT the same as the bi-modal exhaust that's in the JCW tuning kit. Just a standard exhaust like all the other JCW exhausts that came before it. Bigger pipes, slightly more aggressive sound, but not the bluetooth controlled one from the tuning kit.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
The fJCW gets a JCW exhaust standard, but it is NOT the same as the bi-modal exhaust that's in the JCW tuning kit. Just a standard exhaust like all the other JCW exhausts that came before it. Bigger pipes, slightly more aggressive sound, but not the bluetooth controlled one from the tuning kit.
That makes sense, as I recently looked at a 2011 JCW with slightly bigger dia twin exhausts, and it did look aggressive & sound good though!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have had my fill of JCW's so I don't want to see one in my local dealers because I know it will cost me a lot of money and my MPG will go down the pan. :|

Reactions: Escho83

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
That makes sense, as I recently looked at a 2011 JCW with slightly bigger dia twin exhausts, and it did look aggressive & sound good though!
I'm guessing the fJCW exhaust sounds like the tuning kit exhaust in normal mode, maybe a bit louder. The "Track Mode" on the tuning kit exhaust takes it to that next level.

I have had my fill of JCW's so I don't want to see one in my local dealers because I know it will cost me a lot of money and my MPG will go down the pan. :|
LOL

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
not a fan of the new JCW, i didn't like the loss of the front fog lights. so went for the MCS and am planning a JCW kit - or was before struggling to find an insurer.
Well, once you see those Red 4 pot Brembo brakes "only available on the JCW" you might have a different opinion! ;)

I added the driving lights on the grill for the lack of fogs...I don't mind not having fogs if it's a "functionality thing" which it is on the JCW...that bumper looks perfectly fine "and aggressive" to me.

I believe we can all agree that at least it's not "cute"! :laugh:

Reactions: Mister M

·
Registered
27 Posts
Been informed this off my dealer after i test drove the jcw

The kit is only listed as being a retrofit on the Cooper S. However there is a kit listed for the JCW but under a different part number which is described as being a silencer with flap system which I presume is the same kit however the kit for the JCW is not available until end of July into Germany. The cost of this kit supplied only is £1650 inc vat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.