Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yep - Exactly the same here too - really annoying when it happens, but starts working again the next time I get in the car.

I've also noticed that when you get the dreaded "please wait" on the Bluetooth screen, the in car manual also stops working... almost like a chunk of hard drive has been lobotomised..

·
Registered
136 Posts
In addition to the above - I have Mini connected, and was wondering if it was the fact that i'm connecting the phone via USB and also trying to link via Bluetooth that was causing the issue

·
Registered
136 Posts
My second generation Roadster used to have exactly the same symptoms, so you'll be disappointed to know it was a phone, not car, problem. Reinstalling the phone software always cured it for several months but then it would happen again, initially when the phone battery was low. It's never happened since I got a new phone which does rather suggest the car is OK.

I've only ever connected via Bluetooth and I concluded that the Mini must require a rather good quality Bluetooth connection.
I'm afraid I don't agree with this at all,

When my Bluetooth stops working, it stops working for everything, you cant add another phone or any other device, so the problem is definitely not down to a single device, otherwise I could simply add another.
Also, when it stops working so does access to the electronic manuals in the settings menu.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm afraid I don't agree with this at all,

When my Bluetooth stops working, it stops working for everything, you cant add another phone or any other device, so the problem is definitely not down to a single device, otherwise I could simply add another.
Also, when it stops working so does access to the electronic manuals in the settings menu.
Just to add - I and at least one other are experiencing problems with iphone 6's, Now i'm sure plenty of people will have negative views on apple products and please spare us all the remarks, but my point is, these are NEW phones and not obscure mank, out of date bricks that we are experiencing problems with.

·
Registered
136 Posts
These kinds of issues are why I avoid Bluetooth for this kind of connection. As with all networking connections (telephones, computer networks, peripherals), a wired connection is generally more stable than a wireless one.

On my MINI I've gone in to Bluetooth config and turned off everything except Telephone 1. I'm limiting Bluetooth to features that absolutely require it. Otherwise I'm preferring USB. The hassles outweigh the potential convenience.
I'd prefer the wired connection but, and I'd be really happy if someone can correct me, I don't think the phone button works without the Bluetooth

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.