Mini Cooper Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
My second generation Roadster used to have exactly the same symptoms, so you'll be disappointed to know it was a phone, not car, problem. Reinstalling the phone software always cured it for several months but then it would happen again, initially when the phone battery was low. It's never happened since I got a new phone which does rather suggest the car is OK.

I've only ever connected via Bluetooth and I concluded that the Mini must require a rather good quality Bluetooth connection.
I'm afraid I don't agree with this at all,

When my Bluetooth stops working, it stops working for everything, you cant add another phone or any other device, so the problem is definitely not down to a single device, otherwise I could simply add another.
Also, when it stops working so does access to the electronic manuals in the settings menu.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm afraid I don't agree with this at all,

When my Bluetooth stops working, it stops working for everything, you cant add another phone or any other device, so the problem is definitely not down to a single device, otherwise I could simply add another.
Also, when it stops working so does access to the electronic manuals in the settings menu.
Just to add - I and at least one other are experiencing problems with iphone 6's, Now i'm sure plenty of people will have negative views on apple products and please spare us all the remarks, but my point is, these are NEW phones and not obscure mank, out of date bricks that we are experiencing problems with.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well, surprise surprise - it happened again. I tried turning it on and off, both on the centre console and via the ignition.

It was also the same set of circumstances. Engine on - connected. Engine Off, connected, engine on again - quick trip to supermarket and when I got back in the car it just would not connect.

Definitely something wrong here. It's quite possibly not well reported because so far, to me at least, it has only happened after a couple of very quick trips in succession.

Trip to the garage I reckon.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Mister M,

I'm sorry you're having more problems with connecting than I've seen and reported with my iPhone 6 Plus.

Slightly off-topic, maybe--Should iPhones show emails or just text messages. Text messages seem to work, but I've never seen incoming emails. This is using Bluetooth. I haven't taken a USB/Lightning cable to the car since I've had the 6. I'll try that later today.

JP

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hi folks - happened again today as well - same circumstances - in and out of the car in relatively quick succession and gets to the point where I can't access BT at all. ALSO, as others have reported, when this happens neither can I view the online manual either directly or through functions such as the picture gallery.

I'm getting the feeling this is a system issue rather than a phone compatibility issue - again down to the fact that the online manual has nothing to do with the BT connection.

Calling the garage tomorrow to arrange for them to have a look at it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
These kinds of issues are why I avoid Bluetooth for this kind of connection. As with all networking connections (telephones, computer networks, peripherals), a wired connection is generally more stable than a wireless one.

On my MINI I've gone in to Bluetooth config and turned off everything except Telephone 1. I'm limiting Bluetooth to features that absolutely require it. Otherwise I'm preferring USB. The hassles outweigh the potential convenience.

·
Registered
136 Posts
These kinds of issues are why I avoid Bluetooth for this kind of connection. As with all networking connections (telephones, computer networks, peripherals), a wired connection is generally more stable than a wireless one.

On my MINI I've gone in to Bluetooth config and turned off everything except Telephone 1. I'm limiting Bluetooth to features that absolutely require it. Otherwise I'm preferring USB. The hassles outweigh the potential convenience.
I'd prefer the wired connection but, and I'd be really happy if someone can correct me, I don't think the phone button works without the Bluetooth

·
Registered
15 Posts
Also having problems Bluetooth

My problem is as follows:

Once a week the Bluetooth subsystem will fail. I have radio visual boost. All Bluetooth menu functions lead down to the same "Please Wait" window.
Stopping the car, even by getting out & full lock and back in does not solve the issue. Only leaving the car parked for around 1h does the job. Very annoying.

Car dealer does not want to acknowledge. Saying is a problem with my phone (which obviously is not) . Very annoying * 2.

Firmware:
Media: MV-010.012.001
Phone: TV-010.012.001

[Cross-posted]

·
Registered
2 Posts
2010 Cooper S having same problem

My problem is as follows:

Once a week the Bluetooth subsystem will fail. I have radio visual boost. All Bluetooth menu functions lead down to the same "Please Wait" window.
Stopping the car, even by getting out & full lock and back in does not solve the issue. Only leaving the car parked for around 1h does the job. Very annoying.

Car dealer does not want to acknowledge. Saying is a problem with my phone (which obviously is not) . Very annoying * 2.

Firmware:
Media: MV-010.012.001
Phone: TV-010.012.001

[Cross-posted]
I won a 2010 Mini Cooper S that I love but I too have started to experience the same issue. One way I noticed it is not the my phone (Balckberry Classic) the Bluetooth menu in the mini no longer lists the 2 phones that I have paired to the mini system. Then when it does work the the phones appear and I can delete the, or change the priority etc.

I know this is an old thread but hoping someone from here has an update as to what the solution was?

Hello from Canada!

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is definitely the car! I have the same issues but my phone is only paired with my new mini. It works for three days then just decides to hang and not connect. Sometimes I have to delete the phone from the car delete the bluetooth connection from the phone then re-add both. Most times though it seems to come back after a day or two. It is the most frustrating thing ever - I love listening to music on the way to work and it's not like you can pop in a cd and I hate the radio! I am thinking about getting a jack lead and just doing it the old fashioned way!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.