Mini Cooper Forum banner

101 - 120 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Guys, I just got the car from the dealer, they put again a new 306 HU programmed directly from BMW with a new firmware update: MV-110.002.002, TV-110.002.002, which apparently solves the problem! This is something really new, they used my car as a guinea pig and haven't tested it yet on other (customer) cars, so I'm telling you its finally solved! No sound breaks, no bluetooth problems, no handbook freezing... The only thing is that the handbook takes some time to open and for a moment there you think "Oh, no..." but then after 10 sec delay it opens just fine. Well, I can live with that! So go to your dealer and ask to download the above firmware version.

For three months (since the day I bought it) I've been a pain in the ass to BMW and the dealer, and I think I acted a little like a catalyst to speed things up. Now the pay off is to have a bug fix with the new firmware update. I think I desrve just a little credit;)
Cheers, D.
Dimitri, it's been 4 days, has the update worked? Mine is at the dealer today. They told me they updated the software, but, I did not pick it up yet because I am waiting on a switch to fix my boot light. (keeps coming on with the boot closed.) I hope to get it tomorrow to see if the bluetooth is fixed. I will post the updated versions.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Dimitri, it's been 4 days, has the update worked? Mine is at the dealer today. They told me they updated the software, but, I did not pick it up yet because I am waiting on a switch to fix my boot light. (keeps coming on with the boot closed.) I hope to get it tomorrow to see if the bluetooth is fixed. I will post the updated versions.
So far it works seamlessly! (iPhone 6 iOS 8.2) :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Good luck for today, although I'm pretty sure it will be fixed for you too!!;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
After the dealership updating the software for me last Thursday the same issue has unfortunately returned! It's still intermittent - bluetooth won't connect, can't access owners manual etc. Additionally the system now also seems to be really slow. The dealership have now sent a report to Mini UK to find out what the next steps are.

·
Registered
12 Posts
After the dealership updating the software for me last Thursday the same issue has unfortunately returned! It's still intermittent - bluetooth won't connect, can't access owners manual etc. Additionally the system now also seems to be really slow. The dealership have now sent a report to Mini UK to find out what the next steps are.
I had high hopes, until I saw Minion's post....My software was updated to MV-110.002.002, TV-110.002.002. My invoice says Bulletin #84-02-14 , if that helps anyone. It connected fine today, but, I will report back in a couple days....

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had high hopes, until I saw Minion's post....My software was updated to MV-110.002.002, TV-110.002.002. My invoice says Bulletin #84-02-14 , if that helps anyone. It connected fine today, but, I will report back in a couple days....
Don't worry. Everything is going to be fine... Minion probably had a previous minor update as I did too in the past before thi one and problems were not solved. Mark my words, in 110.002.002 the problem is solved! P.S. As long as you have a 306 HU

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mv-110.002.002, tv-110.002.002

So what's the verdict about MV-110.002.002, TV-110.002.002, is it the cure for our BT issues or not ?

Anyone else here is happy with it ?

I want to be sure before i insist on the upgrade.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hopeful...

Hi guys - I am new to this forum. I have had the same problem on a Nov 2014 Cooper. It is completely unpredictable as to when it will happen - which I am finding really frustrating as sometimes I need to be able to make or receive calls from the car. I love the car, but had decided this morning that if I couldn't get it fixed (or find a solution online), it would be getting swapped for a BMW (I have an X3 too which has completely faultless bluetooth). I am therefore really hopeful that this works! I am about to email the dealer now (Douglas Park) and will let you know what happens.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The info on mine is MV-110.002.002 and TV-110.002.002 and I've had a couple of intermittent issues since the dealer updated the software last week. I've only had an issue twice in the last week and it used to be every day so it is loads better but very slow to connect when it does. Unfortunately I didn't check the software version before they updated it so I've no idea if it's now different. How would I know if I have a 306 head unit? The car was built in March 2015 if that helps. The dealer's still waiting to hear back from Mini UK on next steps.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The info on mine is MV-110.002.002 and TV-110.002.002 and I've had a couple of intermittent issues since the dealer updated the software last week. I've only had an issue twice in the last week and it used to be every day so it is loads better but very slow to connect when it does. Unfortunately I didn't check the software version before they updated it so I've no idea if it's now different. How would I know if I have a 306 head unit? The car was built in March 2015 if that helps. The dealer's still waiting to hear back from Mini UK on next steps.
Your dealer should know. Jusging from the prod. Date Its either the 306 or most probably the 900. Please remind me if you have the ext. bluetooth or DAB. And if you use iphone or android. Plus, it should be DIRECTLY INSTALLED by BMW and shipped ready to your dealer. Thx

·
Registered
9 Posts
Your dealer should know. Jusging from the prod. Date Its either the 306 or most probably the 900. Please remind me if you have the ext. bluetooth or DAB. And if you use iphone or android. Plus, it should be DIRECTLY INSTALLED by BMW and shipped ready to your dealer. Thx
Thanks Dimitri. It's got standard bluetooth with visual boost and DAB. I think the DAB came as standard. I'm using an iPhone 5c. I'll wait to hear what Mini UK recommend but I think I'm going to push for a new head unit. I wish I hadn't gone for the visual boost but the sales person told me I needed it for bluetooth audio and I now understand that's not correct. I listen to all my music on Spotify so I don't even get the album artwork!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks Dimitri. It's got standard bluetooth with visual boost and DAB. I think the DAB came as standard. I'm using an iPhone 5c. I'll wait to hear what Mini UK recommend but I think I'm going to push for a new head unit. I wish I hadn't gone for the visual boost but the sales person told me I needed it for bluetooth audio and I now understand that's not correct. I listen to all my music on Spotify so I don't even get the album artwork!
Since you have DAB your HU is either the 320 or the 912 (& not the 306). I said from the beginning that this fix was only for the 306, that was tested on my (guinea pig) car post production. But since they did it for me they will do it for you too. They have some weird policy of not changing HU number (class). They changed mine 3 times and always replaced it with the same series from the same batch! Don't regret it. Once its fixed you'll feel great for having it. I know, i' ve been there. Perhaps i should change carrer and go into therapy... ;) Cheers D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Minion - you will get the album artwork (and full Spotify functions) if you download the Mini app to your phone and then connect your phone via the USB. You need to make sure and launch the app before you plug in the phone, but it works well for me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Don't worry. Everything is going to be fine... Minion probably had a previous minor update as I did too in the past before thi one and problems were not solved. Mark my words, in 110.002.002 the problem is solved! P.S. As long as you have a 306 HU
Well it has been almost a week, and the 110.002.002 update has worked great. :) It has connected every time I entered the car. I am not sure what HU I have, but I visual boost with no NAV on a 1/29/2015 build. If it changes, I will let all of you know.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hmm. I have a newly delivered F55. Build date 25 March. It has update 110.002.002. However, Bluetooth has been frequently hanging with the Please Wait... message. No access to menus/online handbook etc. It does this with two different iPhones (iOS7 and 8) as well as my work Android phone.

Rebooting the head unit using the power button was the only thing that would clear it and even then it sometimes didn't work.

I have recently disabled Bluetooth audio and it's been good ever since. Happy to use the USB if it stops the hanging. Can't say definitively that it has been cured in my case but I'll report back after a few days...

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Hmm. I have a newly delivered F55. Build date 25 March. It has update 110.002.002. However, Bluetooth has been frequently hanging with the Please Wait... message. No access to menus/online handbook etc. It does this with two different iPhones (iOS7 and 8) as well as my work Android phone.

Rebooting the head unit using the power button was the only thing that would clear it and even then it sometimes didn't work.

I have recently disabled Bluetooth audio and it's been good ever since. Happy to use the USB if it stops the hanging. Can't say definitively that it has been cured in my case but I'll report back after a few days...
It may need a reprogram from the dealer or worst case, a new headunit.

I have heard of issues that are caused by phonebook syncing if you use emojis in your address book entries, but aside from that, there's no reason it should hang on the Please Wait message for more than a few seconds.

·
Registered
39 Posts
After a couple of days with Bluetooth audio disabled, it's been rock solid...

·
Registered
95 Posts
After a couple of days with Bluetooth audio disabled, it's been rock solid...
I don't want to disappoint you, but its only a matter of time before it does it again. Bluetooth off won't solve the problem... Its a s/w problem having to do with memory address regardless of the settings you choose

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't want to disappoint you, but its only a matter of time before it does it again. Bluetooth off won't solve the problem... Its a s/w problem having to do with memory address regardless of the settings you choose
I agree it sounds like software. I have the latest update by the way so if it is sofware - it's not fixed... In my case it seems to be Bluetooth audio streaming which triggers it. Switch that off and everything is fine for making calls etc. Switch Bluetooth audio back on and I get the "Please wait..." issue again. I can live without streaming. It will get fixed in a future update.

Reactions: Dimitri

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, the new software seemed to fix the bluetooth issue. It's been 10 days now. I even tried playing with bluetooth audio on/off to see what would happen, and it hasn't locked up yet. BUT, i discovered another problem. I have a LG G2 Android phone. Before the update, I could go into the connect from the screen, open my calendar, and see the day's events. Now, when I open calendar, I see the the week (without detail) as I always did, then the detail flashes on the screen for maybe one second, then it goes back to the main connect screen. I tried rebooting both the phone and the car, but it still does that. The android software is mostly useless to me, except, I liked the calendar so I could review my day on the way to work, safely. My phone is not on the list, so I will have little argument with BMW, but I was wondering if it is a phone issue or the new software issue? I hope to try another phone this weekend.

101 - 120 of 167 Posts