Mini Cooper Forum banner

121 - 140 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yep me too, built March 2015 Oxford, just knocking on 1000 miles and the 'please wait' has appeared today. Looks like a trip to Mini.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone, I feel your pain! I picked my car up in December and it's been back and forth at least 3 times to have this Bluetooth issue fixed. For the longest time they wouldn't even accept that it was the car and not me or my phone causing it! I have since had a new head unit fitted (February-ish) but it made absolutely no difference.
My dealership have now finally acknowledged it as a problem and some time ago lodged the issue with bmw/mini technical.
No positive feedback yet but will update with any future happenings.

This is driving me nuts! Anyway, good luck guys :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am having exactly the same issues as described in this thread on my Cooper SD. It actually failed to connect when the dealer tried to pair my phone when collecting the car.

My firmware versions are:- MV-010.012.001 and TV-010.012.001

It is booked in for Wednesday when I will try to get the firmware upgraded to the latest revision.
The people who have the latest level, can you confirm that you still have no further issues?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am having exactly the same issues as described in this thread on my Cooper SD. It actually failed to connect when the dealer tried to pair my phone when collecting the car.

My firmware versions are:- MV-010.012.001 and TV-010.012.001

It is booked in for Wednesday when I will try to get the firmware upgraded to the latest revision.
The people who have the latest level, can you confirm that you still have no further issues?
So far it works fine. No problems what so ever! Please try to find out the part# of your current HU. And ket us know

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Dimitri, I think the part number of my HU is 65 12 9 381 320
Mine is the 306 (yours 320). Another guy had his HU updated to 010.012.001 with DAB (306) and the problem was not solved. Please read previous posts to check it out. But that doesn't mean anything. Since they solved it for me they will solve it for you too. Its only a matter of time

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where did you locate this info?
My Mini Cooper was in today for service at dealership to rectify the bluetooth issue. The info was provided from PuMA. It actually says 'a part replacement does not provide a remedy and should be avoided' - so all this previous talk about the headunit may not be valid.

·
Registered
441 Posts
A software solution will be implemented into factory built vehicles later this year.

To rectify the problem in the meantime, please download the KISU file name UPD07012 (or later version) from the below website onto a USB memory stick and complete the software update from the setting menu:

http://www.mini.com/connectivity/softwareupdate/index.html

http://www.mini.com/connectivity/_common/_pdf/Readme_UPD07012.pdf
I can only get access to UPD05062... How do I get the later version?

·
Registered
998 Posts
just downloaded this to mine - Vis Boost - & it took it fine. not had chance to see what difference it makes yet but i wasn't having any specific problems anyway.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just updated mine this morning. Visual Boost. UPD07012.BIN

My symptoms are:

1. Phones not connecting with the Please Wait... message
2. DAB reception poor with a click every few seconds.
3. Audio from iPhone via USB poor with a click every few seconds.

Will report back on whether or not this software update has cured any of the above.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's very early days but so far so good for the downloaded update. Both phones hooked up straight away and DAB reception seems to have improved. If it stays like that I'll be a happy chappy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a brand new Cooper (May 2015) Visual Boost, DAB
Came with TV-110.002.002 and MV-110.002.002

From day 1 I had issues. Bluetooth not connecting, static audio pops over the speakers, Bluetooth Menu locked.... been a right pain.. It goes about every 3rd or 4th journey....

Today, finally my dealer had the car in, told me the issue had been dealt with.. and updated my software to

TV-110.005.010
MV-110.005.010

Apparently this IS the fix... I hope so.. I have only made one journey so far so can not confirm if its fixed it for good or not....

·
Registered
9 Posts
The bluetooth issues on my 2 month old Cooper S continue despite being back in the dealer twice for software updates BUT... having given up with the dealership I contacted Mini UK customer services directly yesterday and there is now another software update specifically to fix these bluetooth and head unit issues. It was released on 27th May. Having spoken to Mini UK they admitted the software has been released 'due to a number of customer complaints' so it looks like it's a common fault. The info on their system for the software update states it's designed to remedy bluetooth stuck in loading, owners manual stuck in loading, DAB interference, USB interference, unable to access the bluetooth tick box to activate it in the menus etc. I'm hoping this is the actual fix so if anyone else is still having issues get your car booked in at your dealership and ask for last week's update.

121 - 140 of 167 Posts