Mini Cooper Forum banner

141 - 160 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I installed this update a week or so ago. It works perfectly. Rock steady Bluetooth (on my iPhone at least) and fixed a DAB clicking issue I was having. As you said. Forget the dealers. Install the update yourself. So much less hassle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can you guys confirm that this is what I have just had done today... SW numbers in my post..... I did see a document from MINI listing those exact issues in it...and the Dealer said it was straight from MINI and brand new....so Im caustiously optimistic! I wont know until I have made several seperate journeys.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I installed this update a week or so ago. It works perfectly. Rock steady Bluetooth (on my iPhone at least) and fixed a DAB clicking issue I was having. As you said. Forget the dealers. Install the update yourself. So much less hassle.
I didn't realise i could update the software myself, I thought it had to go into the dealership! Would you mind explaining how I can update it myself please?

·
Registered
39 Posts
You can do it so long as you have Visual Boost or Navigation.

When you go to the download page at http://www.mini.com/connectivity/softwareupdate/index.html and enter your VIN it will let you download the update onto a USB Stick and also provide a PDF document with the update instructions. The system is designed to allow you to roll back to a previous version if anything goes wrong. It's a straightforward procedure providing you have 15 minutes to spare and you follow the instructions.

You can also find out the installed version of the software via the screen to check that the update has been applied. The exact version will depend on your head unit and the options you have installed.

Reactions: Minion

·
Registered
39 Posts
Can you guys confirm that this is what I have just had done today... SW numbers in my post..... I did see a document from MINI listing those exact issues in it...and the Dealer said it was straight from MINI and brand new....so Im caustiously optimistic! I wont know until I have made several seperate journeys.
Yep, your dealer installed same update as me. I had the same symptoms beforehand which seemed to have gone.

·
Registered
9 Posts

When you go to the download page at http://www.mini.com/connectivity/softwareupdate/index.html and enter your VIN it will let you download the update onto a USB Stick and also provide a PDF document with the update instructions. The system is designed to allow you to roll back to a previous version if anything goes wrong. It's a straightforward procedure providing you have 15 minutes to spare and you follow the instructions.

You can also find out the installed version of the software via the screen to check that the update has been applied. The exact version will depend on your head unit and the options you have installed.
You're a genius, thank you! :) It's visual boost and took about a minute to update! So much for the dealership needed my car for at least 4 hours to update the software again!

The software changed from Media: MV-110.002.002 Phone: TV-110.002.002 to Media: TV-110.005.010 Phone: MV.110.005.010. Is seems the 'T' beside 'phone' and 'M' beside 'media' swapped around so I hope it's ok?!?

It's booked into the dealership on 15th June so I'll keep the appointment for now but fingers crossed it's fixed and I can cancel it's 3rd visit to them.

Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I think I can safely say its worked as Ive done more than 10 journeys... Bluetooth conects within seconds...No fails, no lock ups, no speaker clicking..... at last I can start enjoying my new motor! :)

·
Registered
95 Posts

You're a genius, thank you!
It's visual boost and took about a minute to update! So much for the dealership needed my car for at least 4 hours to update the software again!

The software changed from Media: MV-110.002.002 Phone: TV-110.002.002 to Media: TV-110.005.010 Phone: MV.110.005.010. Is seems the 'T' beside 'phone' and 'M' beside 'media' swapped around so I hope it's ok?!?

It's booked into the dealership on 15th June so I'll keep the appointment for now but fingers crossed it's fixed and I can cancel it's 3rd visit to them.

Thank you!
Are you sure its the 110.005.010 and not 110.004.010? Because in the installation manual it has the "4". Have you noticed any changes in the GUI. Does it have office for e-mails, or something new? Because they say something about e-mail sync
Thx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dmitri. I have just done the update on my Cooper with Visual Boost and I confirm the version numbers quoted by rotten bend - 110.005.010.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I´ve just checked my VIN and today i'll update my software. Fingers crossed, i'm tired of resetting the radio every single day to connect my phone.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just a quick one to revive this thread from the dead. I've just installed the 110.005.010 update on my cooper, as was having bluetooth issues with my phone. However the problem is still persisting. I think it's something with my phone, as my girlfriend's phone works without issue, however still annoying and wondering if anyone has had the same issue.

Basically, when I get in the car and connect my Samsung Galaxy S5 to the car's bluetooth, it's fine. It's all connected and paired and it plays music, phone calls etc fine. However, if I turn off the car (say after arriving at the shops), the music pauses on my phone (quite rightly) and the car is off (obviously). When I then return to the car and turn the car on, my phone connects to the car, the car says I'm connected as well. My phone shows that the music has resumed playing, however no sound out of the phone or the car.

When navigating to the external devices on the screen in the mini, it reads Unknown Artist, Unknown Song, Unknown Album and isn't playing anything. Everytime I turn the car off or exit the car when I playing music then get back in and turn the car on again, I'm having to turn the bluetooth off and on again on my phone and start the connection manually for it to work. I've tried with the Galaxy S6 and the music just plays automatically everytime so you don't need to mess about reconnecting each journey.

There must be an easy fix for this! Just to add, I personally think this issue occurs when the phone automatically connects to the car. As every time I've connected the phone using the car (which I have to do every time I start a new journey) it connects with no problem. However when the phone connects automatically as soon as the car is turned on (as it should), it's like the car doesn't like it.

Hope that all makes sense. I can take some pictures if it helps?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Do you have other bluetooth devices registered either on your phone or car? It could be confusing the system if this is the case, would be worth removing them to see if that helps. Have you tried completely unpairing your phone and car and starting again? I know this will be a last resort but factory reset on your phone? If another car works fine then that strongly suggests its a phone issue as you say

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'll try it in another car. It works perfectly with a wireless speaker I've got so I'm a bit confused.

Thing is it does automatically connect as the car and the phone are paired. It also automatically plays the song that was playing, however something is lost then. I'm convinced it's a bug somewhere because all the connections work as they should.

It just busts after its connected. It's like something is lost in the middle, as the phone plays the song (with no sound from the phone) as if it's connected. And the car says the phone is connected but it says unknown artist, track etc and doesn't play the song.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Basically, when I get in the car and connect my Samsung Galaxy S5 to the car's bluetooth, it's fine. It's all connected and paired and it plays music, phone calls etc fine. However, if I turn off the car (say after arriving at the shops), the music pauses on my phone (quite rightly) and the car is off (obviously). When I then return to the car and turn the car on, my phone connects to the car, the car says I'm connected as well. My phone shows that the music has resumed playing, however no sound out of the phone or the car.
For what it's worth, I experience the same symptoms with the Connected app as well (over USB). I suspect there's something in the BMW software that is buggy, so when the phone tries to reconnect via Bluetooth or USB the car software doesn't properly redirect the sound output.

·
Registered
296 Posts
For what it's worth, I experience the same symptoms with the Connected app as well (over USB). I suspect there's something in the BMW software that is buggy, so when the phone tries to reconnect via Bluetooth or USB the car software doesn't properly redirect the sound output.
Yeah I think it's a bug. Like I mentioned it all connects properly, it's just at that moment, when I return to the car that it plays up. It's not the end of the world but just means switching the phone's bluetooth off and on, and connecting the car to the phone every time I get back in the car.

Maybe I'll just get a new phone!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
My iPhone does this all the time. Press the MODE button under the screen to switch to radio then hit it again to switch back. That usually kicks some sense into it.

141 - 160 of 167 Posts