Mini Cooper Forum banner

161 - 167 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Does this happen with a specific app or with every app you have used? I've noticed that certain apps sometimes have more trouble resuming playback compared to others. I suspect it may have something to do with how the app is held in the background. Whenever this has happened to me I've always had luck just closing the app and re-opening it as opposed to reconnecting Bluetooth.

The difference between how the car treats my android phone versus my girlfriends iphone or even my ipod touch is absolutely criminal...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Does this happen with a specific app or with every app you have used? I've noticed that certain apps sometimes have more trouble resuming playback compared to others. I suspect it may have something to do with how the app is held in the background. Whenever this has happened to me I've always had luck just closing the app and re-opening it as opposed to reconnecting Bluetooth.

The difference between how the car treats my android phone versus my girlfriends iphone or even my ipod touch is absolutely criminal...
Yeah I've tried it using Spotify, Google Music and the built in music player on the phone. My girlfriend's S6 works perfectly, and reconnects by itself playing whatever was playing straight away. Must be my phone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just a quick one to revive this thread from the dead. I've just installed the 110.005.010 update on my cooper, as was having bluetooth issues with my phone. However the problem is still persisting. I think it's something with my phone, as my girlfriend's phone works without issue, however still annoying and wondering if anyone has had the same issue.

Basically, when I get in the car and connect my Samsung Galaxy S5 to the car's bluetooth, it's fine. It's all connected and paired and it plays music, phone calls etc fine. However, if I turn off the car (say after arriving at the shops), the music pauses on my phone (quite rightly) and the car is off (obviously). When I then return to the car and turn the car on, my phone connects to the car, the car says I'm connected as well. My phone shows that the music has resumed playing, however no sound out of the phone or the car.

When navigating to the external devices on the screen in the mini, it reads Unknown Artist, Unknown Song, Unknown Album and isn't playing anything. Everytime I turn the car off or exit the car when I playing music then get back in and turn the car on again, I'm having to turn the bluetooth off and on again on my phone and start the connection manually for it to work. I've tried with the Galaxy S6 and the music just plays automatically everytime so you don't need to mess about reconnecting each journey.

There must be an easy fix for this! Just to add, I personally think this issue occurs when the phone automatically connects to the car. As every time I've connected the phone using the car (which I have to do every time I start a new journey) it connects with no problem. However when the phone connects automatically as soon as the car is turned on (as it should), it's like the car doesn't like it.

Hope that all makes sense. I can take some pictures if it helps?
I have the exact same problem heresia with my galaxy note 4... Already updated the SW, and still the same =/

Any news?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Nope the Samsung still does it. It seems if the phone connects to the car automatically, which it does when you get in the car, the car doesn't like it. It only seems to connect properly with my Samsung when I physically choose the phone in the Bluetooth paired list on the Mini's screen menu.

I bought a cheap iphone to use in the car and don't get the problem at all. Connects automatically in my pocket each time no problem. Must be something to do with the Samsung/android version Bluetooth connection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Mini Cooper, manufactured in June 2015 had the same problem with the bluetooh that everybody reports. I fixed with the update UP07012.bin.
Finally, no more problems with bluetooth and jumps from the usb.
thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realise this is an old thread but my 2012 R60 (new to me 3 months ago) is having the exact same issue. Did we all figure out a resolution for this?
Mine is also disabling the AUX input too.

·
Super Moderator
7,263 Posts
The r series is older and you need a better.forum for.pre 2014 cars but r series Bluetooth was notoriously bad we.were.told.

161 - 167 of 167 Posts