Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I was so proud of myself....I loaded iTunes on my computer and copied songs off my CD's to iTunes. I bought a 16GB ScanDisk Flash Drive and dragged all my songs over to the the USB screen from iTunes....everything copied fine as far as I can tell.

But, when I inserted the Flash Drive into the USB port on my MINI it showed "no audio files"! What's up with that?

I have my USB stick password protected....is there something I need to do to make the radio "see the files" on the stick?

Here I thought this would be easy! :(

What am I missing?

Thanks for any help,

John

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ok, I was so proud of myself....I loaded iTunes on my computer and copied songs off my CD's to iTunes. I bought a 16GB ScanDisk Flash Drive and dragged all my songs over to the the USB screen from iTunes....everything copied fine as far as I can tell.

But, when I inserted the Flash Drive into the USB port on my MINI it showed "no audio files"! What's up with that?

I have my USB stick password protected....is there something I need to do to make the radio "see the files" on the stick?

Here I thought this would be easy! :(

What am I missing?

Thanks for any help,

John
Could possibly be the password protection. Try taking that off and see if it works.
Also, I think the Mini prefers memory sticks that are formatted to FAT32 format, so if taking the password off doesn't work, try reformatting the memory stick to FAT32 and see if that works.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Also make sure that the files are in a supported audio format. I'm not sure but I don't think the mini can read Apple lossless format

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it! The key is when buying a flash drive make sure to delete files having anything to do with security or passwords...just a plain ole flash drive ready to store audio files (in FAT 32 format).

Thanks for the input!

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts