Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question... If I bought one (flashing aerial from F54), would it plug and play with my F56? I'm presuming not cause I doubt my F56 will have an extra cable there to make it flash? OR AM I WRONG? lemme know cause I really want it.... Even if I'm increasing the likelihood of a plane landing on my car.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you wrong in the head for wanting to turn your Mini into a helicopter Totally>:D

It annoyed me on the clubbie we had for two weeks
I could see it being annoying tbf. It's just a gimmick.... and I'm a gimmick kinda guy! 0:)

·
Super Moderator
8,822 Posts
I think it's a great idea; makes the car easier to spot in a car park at night; i'm with you Brandon i love the little touches our minis have that set them apart from the boring humdrum euro barge type car.
Sadly knowing mini and their love of loom specifics-saves weight and money-i doubt it would be an easy fix-since there probably isnt power to the aerial suitable to make the aerial flash; might be easier to get a little led unit yourself , battery powered and attach it somehow!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you get one you need to tell me where to get one and if it works as i quite like the idea

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nothing wrong with a few gimmicks only jesting with you, nothing wrong with specking up your car the what you want it.
And as said good in the car parks>:D
I wasn't being arsey! Sorry, haha!

Sarah said it would fit but there isn't the correct wiring to make it flash and offered me the Sport Aerial for £95... I SAID NO THANKS.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wasn't being arsey! Sorry, haha!

Sarah said it would fit but there isn't the correct wiring to make it flash and offered me the Sport Aerial for £95... I SAID NO THANKS.

£95!!!!!! i paid £6 for mine off ebay and it came from a dealer!!!

Reactions: brandonbardsley

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Don't know if it would be possible since the flashing antenna is only if you have the alarm system equipped. In any case, your FM reception goes kaput. The Clubman has the FM antennas in the rear windows, but the F55/F56 rely on the aerial coming out of the fin.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't know if it would be possible since the flashing antenna is only if you have the alarm system equipped. In any case, your FM reception goes kaput. The Clubman has the FM antennas in the rear windows, but the F55/F56 rely on the aerial coming out of the fin.
Yeah I gathered I would lose all radio functionality - here in the UK the alarm system is standard.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Yeah I gathered I would lose all radio functionality - here in the UK the alarm system is standard.
Nice! Didn't know that.

I asked a buddy who works at a MINI dealer about the antenna. Apparently the antenna itself is easy to remove, but getting to it is a lot of work: the headliner needs to come off and there is a single screw holding the fin in place next to all the aerial connections. Once the screw if off though, the fin antenna just lifts off.

Reactions: brandonbardsley
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.