Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night was the first time I've really been out in the car in the dark. I turned off the LED ring and screen as it was quite bright but I'm finding the footwell lights really distracting (maybe 'cos originally the LED ring was on the scrolling colours #girly ) does anyone know if the footwell lights can be turned off/down when driving? I've gone back to the 'event' setting on the LED ring to see if the constant colour is the same distraction.

Anyone elses thoughts?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Did you try the little wheel next to the light switch? The manual suggests that should affect some of the interior lights...

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could try that, but that will dim everything including the instrument cluster wouldn't it?
I'm all for the footwell lights coming on an off when the door opens etc. but they're really bright for driving.
This car is so goddam clever sometimes, but other times I wish it could do more!

Reactions: pjsjr13

·
Registered
844 Posts
When headlights are on I think you can only tone these down with the little wheel.

Surprised you even notice these when looking straight ahead.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
(I was being chauffeured) ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
When headlights are on I think you can only tone these down with the little wheel.

Surprised you even notice these when looking straight ahead.
People don't look straight ahead when driving anymore :D I'm sure you will have noticed those types of drivers who aren't aware of their speed, don't drive in a particularly straight line and are all over the place, and tend to spend their time staring at their passenger in what looks to be a really interesting conversation as you see their hands moving constantly.

·
Registered
205 Posts
People don't look straight ahead when driving anymore :D I'm sure you will have noticed those types of drivers who aren't aware of their speed, don't drive in a particularly straight line and are all over the place, and tend to spend their time staring at their passenger in what looks to be a really interesting conversation as you see their hands moving constantly.
OMG. Is that what I am doing wrong? I thought people beeping at me was because they liked my car :eek:

·
Registered
72 Posts
AMAZING
Donna wants to turn off her Footwell lights yet I can't manage to get mine to turn on !
Is it the little wheel thing or is there a secret sequence of events ,maybe involving cloud formations or adjacent trees, that'll work for me ?
Please help me before they cart me off.
This car is SO clever but maybe a tad devious.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Cooper with Chilli pack,media park,Parking assistant pack,heated screen,etc.. so MUST include Interior lights option.
I've tried Settings/Lights/brightness
Is it something to do with the Excitement option & if so how do I access this ?
Hey Ho
Thanks for getting back to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts