Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we're in the minority, but my gut tells me there will be more in my small boat when the new F56 JCW Manual Transmission cars are "finally" being produced and shipped!!!

So, some of us may be in the que early, and that just means we have a longer wait....but a wait that is going to be worth it in a BIG way! :)

My dealer tells me my order has been submitted to MINI, so it's at least in their database....so, the wait formally begins! I am told that it will be about 2 months before my order will be assigned a "Production Date & VIN".

So, with this time period in mind, and assuming at least an 8 to 10 week wait until shipping, delivery may be circa August 15 to 31! I can see my estimate being off by at least one month...so September 30 may be more realistic, but who knows?...maybe MINI will see the error in their ways by focusing on the JCW automatic trans exclusively first, and kick production of the JCW Getrag 6-speed manual trans up a notch!

Anyway, post your updates here and we can all have a place to go for updates. That goes for everyone, whether owners or not, so we can monitor the process of the JCW manual!

Come on in my little boat...there's plenty of room!

Cheers,

John

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lots of lookers, but no buyers huh? I guess I'm the only one in this small boat for the moment! :D

Reactions: Tiger

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im still in about 5 minds about ordering... i love the thought of the flappy paddles but would love a clutch to go with them if that makes sense
Well, no that doesn't make sense (unless I'm missing something). If you want paddle shifters you need the automatic. Manual trans only has the good old fashioned clutch pedal & shifter on the floor.

Reactions: Tiger

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, no that doesn't make sense (unless I'm missing something). If you want paddle shifters you need the automatic. Manual trans only has the good old fashioned clutch pedal & shifter on the floor.
i want both, i want the flappy shifters with me being in control of clutch etc

maybe its because i have never drove an auto

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an allocation for my build in May for a JCW Manual, car will be here by late June/July. That is the earliest to order the car with a manual as there was delay. I'm still deciding on black or white silver, both with a red roof. Also can't decide if I want the sunroof, because if I go with white silver, I want to do the full white stripes on the top and copy the concept car with red strips and little red bits.

So far here are my options,

Sport Suspension (No DDC)
Wired Pkg
Hk w/Sirius
18" Wheels
Leather Dinimica Seats w/red color line dash & Chrome trim
Black Rally lights
PDC
Comfort/Storage

I'm looking forward to getting this car. My girlfriend picked up a F56 Cooper herself.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I have an allocation for my build in May for a JCW Manual, car will be here by late June/July. That is the earliest to order the car with a manual as there was delay. I'm still deciding on black or white silver, both with a red roof. Also can't decide if I want the sunroof, because if I go with white silver, I want to do the full white stripes on the top and copy the concept car with red strips and little red bits.

So far here are my options,

Sport Suspension (No DDC)
Wired Pkg
Hk w/Sirius
18" Wheels
Leather Dinimica Seats w/red color line dash & Chrome trim
Black Rally lights
PDC
Comfort/Storage

I'm looking forward to getting this car. My girlfriend picked up a F56 Cooper herself.
Sounds NICE! When did you actually put your deposit down and sign the order form? And what do you mean by having an allocation for a build in May? (That's when MINI will begin the process?) If a JCW manual can be built sometime in May that is very good news for me! My order was placed on April 7th.

I was told it may be 2 months before they can assign me a build date, so I wasn't expecting to even hear anything until sometime in June, not May. Please keep me posted when your order is processed and you are assigned an Oder/Build Confirmation so you can track the status in the Owner's Lounge.

Those of us who ordered early are sure to be in on the ground floor for receiving some of the first F56 JCW manuals...at least I hope it works that way! :laugh:

Oh btw, the sport suspension is standard on the 2015 JCW....it's not an option like it was on the Gen 2 JCW (which was dumb IMO).

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, my dealer tells me there's no way any buyer can know at this point when the build will be as production #'s/vins have not yet been assigned for "any" manual JCW's. Your dealer is all wet if you have been told those dates, unless he is totally "guessing". I don't like guessing...I want straight up information on here!:crying:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds NICE! When did you actually put your deposit down and sign the order form? And what do you mean by having an allocation for a build in May? (That's when MINI will begin the process?) If a JCW manual can be built sometime in May that is very good news for me! My order was placed on April 7th.

I was told it may be 2 months before they can assign me a build date, so I wasn't expecting to even hear anything until sometime in June, not May. Please keep me posted when your order is processed and you are assigned an Oder/Build Confirmation so you can track the status in the Owner's Lounge.

Those of us who ordered early are sure to be in on the ground floor for receiving some of the first F56 JCW manuals...at least I hope it works that way! :laugh:

Oh btw, the sport suspension is standard on the 2015 JCW....it's not an option like it was on the Gen 2 JCW (which was dumb IMO).
This is the quote I got from the GM of the store who I was referred to by my GM

"I have confirmation, we will be able to build stick shift JCWs in June. So in May we can submit the build and it will be produced in June. Car will arrive in early July.

That is the soonest Manual transmissions will be available."

I didn't need a deposit. just turn in my build sheet. But since I'm second guessing on color. there is still time to think about it.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Interesting - I just heard from my dealer also that MINI has announced to dealers that manual fJCWs will go into production in July. He did say that the memo indicated that "a minute number could make it in June".

May sounds about right for dealers able to send orders and if you're lucky, it may go into production in June, but it sounds like July for sure. A July delivery sounds unlikely - it's about 6-7 weeks from production to delivery for CA. Guess we'll all be paying attention to see when you get your production number/VIN! :D

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good information!!! Keep those updates coming!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In Australia DDC is standard and Sports is a no cost option that deletes DDC.
Thanks, I keep forgetting different countries have different standard items & options.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is an update that I received today. My order will go in on May 7th for a manual.
So, what does that mean? Your dealer will process your order build sheet then, or will MINI assign a production number/VIN on May 7th?

My build sheet was submitted to MINI by my dealer on April 7th, but my dealer won't know when a production number/VIN will be assigned by MINI until the weekly updates by MINI (and my dealer was told it would likely be a couple months)...so I am assuming June at the earliest.

Just because your order "goes in" doesn't sound like MINI will assign production number/VIN so you can track the build. Please verify.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The email I received said the following

"Info on the manual transmission. I will have one that is able to be built on May 7th. So that is your official deadline to get the build in"

So, I know that doesn't mean a production date yet, but it's moving along

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
The email I received said the following

"Info on the manual transmission. I will have one that is able to be built on May 7th. So that is your official deadline to get the build in"

So, I know that doesn't mean a production date yet, but it's moving along
Doesn't sound like you've placed your order yet, or maybe I'm missing something. That e-mail is a bit confusing to me, honestly. Once you sign the order, put down a deposit (unless you didn't need a deposit), and your dealer submits the "build sheet" to MINI, then MINI assigns a production number (not date) & VIN (typical procedure); then, depending on the scheduling of the production run, you can track the progress of your build. To my knowledge no "date" is issued ahead of time when the car will be built.

I'm new at this, so I could be wrong but that's the way I understood how it works in "ordinary circumstances"....but remember, officially to date MINI has not said the manual transmission is available in the JCW...thus our dilemma!

There must not be that many people ordering the manual JCW yet or we would have more input on this.

I e-mailed MINI requesting an explanation, but I've heard nothing back (no surprise). Someday, we may find out why they are doing this...delaying the manual transmission production (the standard order item for the JCW), but moving ahead with the automatic transmission JCW (the optional equipment item on the JCW).

Until the online configurator removes the statement that the manual trans is not yet available, or I hear more from my dealer, I'll believe it when I see it!

Please keep us posted as you find out more.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Interesting - I just heard from my dealer also that MINI has announced to dealers that manual fJCWs will go into production in July. He did say that the memo indicated that "a minute number could make it in June".

May sounds about right for dealers able to send orders and if you're lucky, it may go into production in June, but it sounds like July for sure. A July delivery sounds unlikely - it's about 6-7 weeks from production to delivery for CA. Guess we'll all be paying attention to see when you get your production number/VIN! :D
This statement still makes the most sense to me...but nothing is firm still.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update:

According to a response from MINI Motoring Relations (i.e. customer relations) that I received today via e-mail, I was told that the manual transmission won't be available for the JCW until July production.

I was not told why the delay....time will tell. Really frustrating though that this is happening, since the automatics (the "optional equipment" transmission) is already at dealers or on their way right now.

So, those if us who want the "standard equipment" manual transmission must wait another 2 months before production even begins! So it goes....it's going to be a very long wait. :(

I really hope MINI re-thinks their strategy.

Always open to any updates from others.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ha! The updated online Configurator now lists the 6-speed manual transmission as $0 cost, but it is no longer standard on the JCW! Maybe MINI is watching!!! If you don't specify it your build will get the automatic "automatically"! It still says "Not yet available" for the manual trans, and "yes" the automatic will cost you more $.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts