Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I asked my dealer about the various instances I'd heard of people being given a £300 voucher as a goodwll gesture for the delays and they said it was only those with a diesel who got caught up in the engine problems. For those that have receied the voucher/discount, do you have/have you ordered a diesel?

If this is the case, it's another shining example of terrible customer relations! Who at BMW/MINI UK thought that it was appropriate to 'compensate' diesel owners but do nothing for those with a petrol version who were equally affected by the same delays!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Petrol. I had a moan on the mini uk facebook page. When I say moan all I asked was why the diesel buyers were getting it when petrol buyers were also effected by the delays. I was told to email them with my dealer/order details and they came back and said that they have 'reviewed' my order and offered the £300 voucher. I ended up using it to pay for TLC, I could'nt use it to ofset costs on the actual car.
Texy

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Petrol

And I thank Texy for passing the info on to me and helping me out - I haven't got the voucher yet since my car is still not in production - hopefully it will come when the car draws close and I'll use it to buy some winter wheels - but Texy is right and spot on - kick up a fuss and BMW will get back to you

Mini customer services are just not interested.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Petrol

Again thanks to texy, had a moan via [email protected] and explained that I had been waiting over 3 months and got a call from them and email confirming £300. Didn't get a voucher as such. Passed the email to the dealer who knocked £300 off the price of the car. Not sure if I got the £300 because this wAs my fifth new mini. Anyway got the car now and it was worth the wait.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting, had a feeling I might get such replies from fellow petrol people! Back to the dealer then, if no joy there then it's direct to BMW. You're right MINI customer services are useless! It's not even about the money, it's the principle of it and now the continuing untruths!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Interesting, had a feeling I might get such replies from fellow petrol people! Back to the dealer then, if no joy there then it's direct to BMW. You're right MINI customer services are useless! It's not even about the money, it's the principle of it and now the continuing untruths!
I don't think the dealer can do anything, you need to contact using the email above. That is their face book email address and they seem to be better at sorting thing out. It worth a try

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well last time I tried going direct to MINI about the initial delay they were especially useless and told me that I should raise any concerns with my dealer. So I've tried that first and will work up from there!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well last time I tried going direct to MINI about the initial delay they were especially useless and told me that I should raise any concerns with my dealer. So I've tried that first and will work up from there!
The email address isn't to mini, it's BMW. I tried mini first and got nowhere, then I went on Facebook and saw they were telling people to use this email address and that is when I was offed the £300

·
Registered
140 Posts
Diesel
They give me a 500€ to pay in the day i pick up my mini!!!! (Costs of prosecution of) :laugh:
Just give me a keyring :laugh: and about 10€ of diesel in the tank :laugh:
Just to say no one give me a voucher or a dog,or anything...When I ordered the Mini they told me 3 months of waiting and I said yes ... I never had any delay, however the Mini received sooner than anticipated, reportedly would receive it this week or next ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Dooper £300 voucher plus 1 series loan car, was told I was to receive the loaner but had to push dealer for the voucher, who pushed MINI, did come through in the end.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Petrol

Dealer said I was one of only three with them who got the voucher. He didn't really say what the criteria was for deciding who did/didn't get one. I have a feeling my moaning + their moaning to MINI may have got me the result.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts