Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

If I would change the stock intercooler (JCW Hatch F56 2020) for an upgrade and as well the boost pipes (in and out), will this generate any error codes?
Do I have to remap the ecu?

I'd like some advise before I start the project...

Many thanks in advance,

Azoutje

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
512 Posts
Shouldn't get any codes, will improve airflow and cooling so better throttle response, slightly more noise
Are you planning on a remap after the mods? removing the GPF will give gains and a good tuner will be able to map it out when remapping

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shouldn't get any codes, will improve airflow and cooling so better throttle response, slightly more noise
Are you planning on a remap after the mods? removing the GPF will give gains and a good tuner will be able to map it out when remapping
Thanks Robby for the insights.Better throttle response sounds very nice, as there's some delay in our JCW 2020 automatic.
Not really looking to remove the GPF as it's a nightmare each year if you have to go to MAT ( isn't that how it's called in the UK, the tech control?). Here in Belgium it's pretty restrained the modifications, rather looking for a Remus (or alternative) witch is street legal in Belgium and no fuzz at MAT time each year.
Remap...well still struggling with the warranty and such...but would like to have some more torque, not decided yet.
We'll see ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've replaced the standard JCW intercooler with the uprated Forge model. I also replaced the resonated intake pipe with the Forge version.
The results on an untuned F56 were improved throttle response, more turbo noise and a few additional hp. The pre-tune dyno run logged 238hp.

Edited to add : No error codes, car will run happier with the bigger 'cooler. ECU sees lower temps and pulls less timing.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've replaced the standard JCW intercooler with the uprated Forge model. I also replaced the resonated intake pipe with the Forge version.
The results on an untuned F56 were improved throttle response, more turbo noise and a few additional hp. The pre-tune dyno run logged 238hp.

Edited to add : No error codes, car will run happier with the bigger 'cooler. ECU sees lower temps and pulls less timing.
Thx Dragonfly to share your experiences. Throttle response improvement...I like it!!
Makes me less nervous to start. Did you change the boost pipes as well?
Lookinf forward to start 😁

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thx Dragonfly to share your experiences. Throttle response improvement...I like it!!
Makes me less nervous to start. Did you change the boost pipes as well?
Lookinf forward to start 😁
Always happy to talk about Minis 😁

Stock boost pipes are still in place although replacing them will add some lovely noise, no other real benefit as they flow just fine.

The stock JCW screams to be modified. It's a very good car in standard form, it can become a truly great FWD car with a few key modifications.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was just curious...as I have them already and very eager to mount them 😁
🤞 I don't have to much problems to do so...as I'm not a mecanic and can't find much on You tube.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts