Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMW just keeps making more and more Mini models, and as the Minis get bigger, so too does their brand name become more ironic. Since the Mini four-door is based off of the BMW 1-Series it will be about the size of the three-door BMW 2 Series Active Tourer.

What do you think about this big Mini?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The needs of the customer will always ultimately drive sales. As a brand and a business MINI would run the risk of falling on its face if it stuck to the rigid ethos of building small cars.
Granted this car will not be to everyone's taste, but BMWs R&D team will not have taken a 'punt' on putting this car into production if it were destined for a sales disaster. Also worthy of note is that this is a global company who have to appease overseas buyers.

The 'too big to be a mini' soap box is wearing awful thin in my opinion; even fiat jumped on the wagon with the bigger 500.

Personally I like it, however I wouldn't buy one over the 3d version.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that Mini should build bigger vehicle if that is what people want, but I think they could design them differently so that they don't look like an inflated small car. They should be willing to play around more with the design to make it look more natural as a large vehicle.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I think that Mini should build bigger vehicle if that is what people want, but I think they could design them differently so that they don't look like an inflated small car. They should be willing to play around more with the design to make it look more natural as a large vehicle.
They should look into developing an SUV, that would be cool. Maybe share a platform with BMW?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts