Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery on my F55 (four door). I have a little difficulty getting in that I didn't experience on my initial test drive. But, what I test drove was an F56 (two door). I guess the wider doors on the F56 accommodate my wide frame better. The lesson here is to test drive exactly what you're going to buy.

The four-door car is supposedly six inches longer than the two-door. Where does that six inches go? I can't see any difference on the inside. (It certainly didn't go into rear seat leg room.)

Bobby D.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The extra room and easy of entry for back seat passengers is definitely better in the 4 door. It's like it became a stretch limo though.

My problem is height and a bad back, so I didn't notice a difference in the width of the doors, but I do like where the B pillar is on the 4 door over the 2 door.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I felt a bit more room in driving 4 door as a 6' 5" driver... the extra boot/'trunk' space is really why I need the 4 door.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I felt a bit more room in driving 4 door as a 6' 5" driver... the extra boot/'trunk' space is really why I need the 4 door.
Thanks jamesahy. So the extra 6 inches went into the boot/trunk. I just love the extra storage space a hatchback has with the rear seats folded down.

Bobby D.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts