Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to paint the front brake chrome duct trim pieces on my Cooper S and prefer to remove them first. Has anyone removed these before? There's no visible screws, so I assume it just clips in somehow. How did you remove and reinstall yours?

·
Registered
95 Posts
They are really easy to remove (just pull them carefully) if you're worried about breaking them you could use a plastic stick or a screwdriver with tape on the tip to try to snap the plastic locks before

To put them back on just snap them into place, I removed mine twice already when I was painting them with plastidip.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are really easy to remove (just pull them carefully) if you're worried about breaking them you could use a plastic stick or a screwdriver with tape on the tip to try to snap the plastic locks before

To put them back on just snap them into place, I removed mine twice already when I was painting them with plastidip.
Hey, @Jm32, thanks for your input, from which side do you sugguset to start?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi, has anyone removed the crome trims from the rear lamps?
I just bought black rings for the front and rear lamps but i struggel with the rear ones.
Here is a vid that kind of explains it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov20MhE6HgQ

the video is for an r56 but the method is exactly the same. Just look at where the clips are on your new set of rings and act occordingly.

Note: when you pop the clips out, they make a pretty loud 'snapping' noise, don't be scared by this. That's just the noise they make.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.