Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
‘17 F55 Cooper S Auto
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Recently picked up my F55 ‘66 and noticed the front bar behind the number plate has got a blue ish hue to it rather than just black.

I know this has been discussed a lot on this forum a while ago, but does anybody know if we can still get this replaced (2022) for free outside of warranty in the U.K.? I know some have been successful with getting this done but wondering if anybody has recently?

My nearest dealer is Fairfield in Essex.

Thanks guys,
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 F60 Cooper S in Sage Green
449 Posts
This happened on my 2015 F56 over several years. It didn't bother me much as it was so faint, but replacing it would have been ideal.

·
Registered
Mini F54 Clubman Cooper S
154 Posts
no sorry... they had to remove the front because there was an issue with the seering.. so I only had to pay for the replacement. not the work itself

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Hi Alex,

Maybe another option is to replace the part yourself in order to save money on the labor.
There are two versions of the “front bumper cover” with and without PDC. I’ve seen them online between $75 - $90 and there are a lot of YouTube videos showing how to remove the bumper and it’s components.

No matter who replaces it apply some PPF on it so it can be protected going forward ;)

Rich

·
Registered
123 Posts
I heard about people getting it wrapped to counteract this. I had mine on my F55 replaced twice under warranty. It’s amazing that’s it so common even in places like the UK where the sun isn’t even that common.

·
Registered
24 Posts
And surely after doing it myself and a heatgun, the blueish tint went away like snow for the sun! Lovely mate, really appreciate the tip. Its not perfect but definitely 80% there.

·
Registered
318 Posts
And surely after doing it myself and a heatgun, the blueish tint went away like snow for the sun! Lovely mate, really appreciate the tip. Its not perfect but definitely 80% there.
Well worth doing even if it’s 80% better! You will only have to do it again to the replacement part after a while anyway !

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not sure if the material is the same, I have the Clubman JCW '17. Its the lower left and right side valance that seems to be affected with the blue/grey fade. It should be black I think. Also, the right side lower valance is different to the left side, I presume there is no cover on the left side to allow airflow in to intercooler or aerodynamic reasons?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts