Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some may like it and some won’t, but that’s the beauty of owning a mini. It’s all about individuality.
So here goes.
Light and grill surround changed to gloss black.
Replacement number plate bar
Front splitter
Stabiliser bar wrapped in blue
S badge wrapped blue
Sport aerial

kept the chrome strip and LED accessory lights as i like the contrast
Before and after pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
959 Posts
Awesome transformation. Love the Mirror Caps, LED spotlights and the front splitter.

Which splitter is that?

·
Registered
463 Posts
It's a great transformation.

The only thing I would maybe do different is try to line up the extra lights with the bonnet stripes or under the bonnet scoop like these cars.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That won’t be achievable on the f56. The mounting brackets are pre set on the crash bar behind the bumper. The examples you have there are the R series mini

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome transformation. Love the Mirror Caps, LED spotlights and the front splitter.

Which splitter is that?
It’s the Maxton design one. They where very good. Super quick delivery and comes with a fitting kit. Install is a lot easier with the bumper removed

·
Registered
959 Posts
Thats the best one I have seen. Looks very aggressive.

The spotlights really add something too, but I can't square paying £500 for them!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know. It looks so good with out one. New short plate arrived today so at least it’s not so prominent

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats the best one I have seen. Looks very aggressive.

The spotlights really add something too, but I can't square paying £500 for them!
If you want the LED lights your looking at £700 fitted and coded.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I was quoted £500 for the LEDs a couple of years back, although it was a dealer special offer. It's such a shame, lots of Gen 1 and 2 cards had them, but they are a rarity on the F56 because of the huge expense.

·
Registered
463 Posts
That won’t be achievable on the f56. The mounting brackets are pre set on the crash bar behind the bumper. The examples you have there are the R series mini
That's a shame, just had a look at the bracket kit, the only way around it would be to put a non OEM bar between the 2 brackets then you could slide the lamps to any position on the bar.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's a shame, just had a look at the bracket kit, the only way around it would be to put a non OEM bar between the 2 brackets then you could slide the lamps to any position on the bar.
You have problems with that as well due to the holes in the grill being set for the brackets. It would appear they designed the grill to have the extra lights but only as an option.
i had a good look when I had the front end off.
i vinyl wrapped the stabiliser bar behind the grill instead.

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that front splitter looks like some wrapped MDF and screwed to the front. Not my taste to be honest

·
Registered
287 Posts
To clarify...I really like the look of the 4 lights on the grill but the splitter doesn’t look great. I’ve always felt that the 2 spots should’ve been closer together or had another couple between them. :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
that front splitter looks like some wrapped MDF and screwed to the front. Not my taste to be honest
I agree about the splitter and you know it's going to get trashed by the first speed bump or low kerb it looks at. All the trim bits are carbon (not sure if real carbon or effect) and I think I prefer the matt black finish for a de-chrome.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts