Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are my choices If I want to get a Front Grill Surround BLACK for my F56 MCS?

The Mini dealer will not sell me this part even tough I believe this part exist for he JCW? Are they any sources in the U.S where I reside?

I am planning to get the frames for the front and back light on BLACK but that looks weird if the grill frame stays chrome :(

See attachment image

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
What are my choices If I want to get a Front Grill Surround BLACK for my F56 MCS?

The Mini dealer will not sell me this part even tough I believe this part exist for he JCW? Are they any sources in the U.S where I reside?

I am planning to get the frames for the front and back light on BLACK but that looks weird if the grill frame stays chrome :(

See attachment image
That's subjective on whether it looks weird with black light trims and chrome front grille ;)

The official black light trims from Mini are replacement parts for the Cooper S Challenge and the JCW Challenge editions. Both of those cars still come with a chrome front grille surround which is why I think you are having trouble officially finding the part.

Luckily you can get an aftermarket part online pre-painted the colour of your choice but it's kinda pricey: http://newministuff.com/front-grille-surround---black-painted-1319-p.asp

You could consider getting it professionally wrapped (or wrap it yourself if you want a fun project for less than half the cost)

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
I had my body guy remove my grill surround and paint it. Can't tell you what it cost because I had some other stuff painted at the same time. They're hard to remove without breaking some clips unless you remove the front bumper first. Or, you can have a good body guy (like mine) do it.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Why buy the Frame just have it wrapped in black my Dealer quoted me over $ 300.00 for it.;)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Or just keep the front grille surround chrome like the official challenge editions.

JCW Challenge:

Cooper S Challenge 210:

Reactions: dmk and Evlkarl

·
Registered
763 Posts
The available black grill surround is not made by MINI, you can get it HERE. The other option is have it painted or wrapped.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone!

The thing is I have a "Orange Vocano" MCS and saw one in the dealer with the black light frames and chrome frame grill and was not too happy with the look.

But maybe I will go for it with the light frames now - and then when/if the grill frame can be change/painted I will try that

THX!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Since Mini does not sell the black frame i wonder what they quoted me.
Yeah, I'm curious now too. I stopped at the parts department last time my car was in for service and they didn't show a black grill surround, only the black head and tail light rings.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Since Mini does not sell the black frame i wonder what they quoted me.:confused::confused:
They are quoting you for them to take care of painting/wrapping a silver one and installing back on your car.

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
11 Posts
Like it.

What that black c-shaped part surrounding the lower lights? and will it fit on a non-S???

Reactions: ChimChimGoFast

·
Registered
121 Posts
Like it.

What that black c-shaped part surrounding the lower lights? and will it fit on a non-S???
Thanks. Got those from Luxemini, just vinyl decals for the front and back of jcw/aero bumpers. There is a guy that has them for Non-jcw/aero bumpers on ebay. His seller name is: wilsys-wonders.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts