Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

just been to Halfords to have a dash cam install and the front drivers side headlights have all failed.All other electric is are ok but DRL has gone, same as dip and high beam. Any ideas? It’s showing a few faults in the dash such as:

* control lights, turn indicator, dipped beam, fog light, parking light, high beam indicator flashed not functioning.
This is in the pic Iv attached. The Halfords centre have cleared the codes but no luck.

any ideas?

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Speedometer Light

·
Registered
Mini Cooper S F55 LCI (20)
17 Posts
Have they sourced power from the fuse-box behind the glove compartment? Perhaps they have inadvertently dislodged a fuse or, worse still, damaged some connectors.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have they sourced power from the fuse-box behind the glove compartment? Perhaps they have inadvertently dislodged a fuse or, worse still, damaged some connectors.
I don’t think they dislodged anything, all fuses are still working apparently. They scanned the car and the drivers side light module wasn’t communicating so wondering why this might be?

·
Registered
17 Posts
The module is either unpowered or defective.

I am suspicious of the dash cam installation if the lights were fine beforehand. Fingers crossed it is a fuse or connector and the Halfords tech has missed it. There is an outside chance they spiked it with static, but that would be tough to prove.

If the fuse/connectors are fine, then that module has to be replaced. It's a control box mounted on the back of the headlight.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The module is either unpowered or defective.

I am suspicious of the dash cam installation if the lights were fine beforehand. Fingers crossed it is a fuse or connector and the Halfords tech has missed it. There is an outside chance they spiked it with static, but that would be tough to prove.

If the fuse/connectors are fine, then that module has to be replaced. It's a control box mounted on the back of the headlight.
Halfords have created a claim and said they will book it in with Mini themselves this coming week. Fingers crossed it gets sorted. The store manager said Halfords will pay for everything but until its done im fearing the worse. If i need to buy a whole light cluster myself, and i buy a refurbished one, will it need coding to the car or are they plug and play?

·
Registered
17 Posts
If i need to buy a whole light cluster myself, and i buy a refurbished one, will it need coding to the car or are they plug and play?
Afraid I'm not sure about that part. Hopefully, Halfords/Mini will deal with all of that and not you!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update on this: Mini had a look, Halfords had taken out all fuses when installing the dash cam and put them back in whit the ignition on. This created a short or something and the front drivers side light just shut down. Somehow they rebooted/reset the module and its fine now. They told me to avoid Halfords in the future haha!! Thanks for all the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts