Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes Yes i know this isn't a car designed to be fuel efficient.

having owned the care for 2 weeks now i have done 400 miles and filled up twice, 200 mile per tank :/

was wondering what other people are getting to a full tank? iv not really done motorway driving in it yet just country lanes mainly and i had a go at drivinh in eco mode for half a tank but got bored of it haha

when i first got in it at the dealer the range gauge was saying 350 miles but i cant see it getting close to that any time soon.

cheers

Joe

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I presume by your name it's a JCW, my mum's manual F56 JCW averages 280 miles per tank... She drives a 10 mile commute everyday including the school run at rush hour.

Maybe you're just having too much fun? There's a few people on here in, specifically auto JCW's, average 40+mpg. Give it time to bed in and it will get better over time, but if it continues to be not much more than 20mpg then I'd get it to the dealer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes its a manual JCW, id be over the moon win 40mpg think im getting 28mpg when im in eco mode :/

Im not too fussed as its so much fun to drive but i was expecting it to be a little bit better.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Yes its a manual JCW, id be over the moon win 40mpg think im getting 28mpg when im in eco mode :/

Im not too fussed as its so much fun to drive but i was expecting it to be a little bit better.
Lets face it you done buy a JCW for fuel economy!

The tanks are smaller than they used to be plus if using the OBC then they aren't always that true...

Keep enjoying the car and add more fuel ;)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts

If you were worried about fuel you could've got an SD and had similar performance, minus the pops and bangs but with 70mpg on the highway.

·
Registered
320 Posts
JCW Manual, 4,700 miles in last 5 months from new. Trip computer says 41.2mpg across that. Typically 375 miles from a tank, but fill up well before. Sometimes scrape 300, but had 440 once on a long motorway trip. Running on fumes at the end.

Got much better once it hit 1,000ish miles. Drive it like a nutter 5-10% of the time max, rest is normal A-road and motoway commute at speed limits or below usually on cruise control. A bit in town but not a lot. In dreaded green mode.

35mpg should be easy if you dont thrash it. 40+ needs effort and patience ;)

Oh, and mainly tesco super-u, not that it makes any difference.

Probably makes you feel worse not better!

·
Registered
320 Posts
I think im going to have to try harder ?? must be planting that right foot too much, iv got a long motorway trip to inverness on friday so hopefully with cruise control ill do that in 1 tank
As KYDan says, so much depends on road, distrance and traffic, think I'd be in the low 20's on a blast to Inverness, wouldnt be on the motorways coming home ;)

It plummets once you go north of 70mph, but give it a go and watch the fish!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You might get good mpg on the A9 now as the fun police have put specs average speed cameras all the way up to Inverness.
Handy to know ill keep a look out for them.

I'm doing the NC 500 so my fuel economy is likely going to be down once I'm up there haha.

has anyone who has remapped there car found it gives better or worse efficiency (when driving normal). its on my to do list on the car at some point as well as the Gruppe M induction kit.

·
Registered
320 Posts
NC500 is on my to-do list :) Getting bored of the Evo triangle diversion on the way back from North Wales. My work are trying to secure some project work up at Dounreay, so I may get lucky yet, but I'll probably end up flying to Inverness and hiring a Vx Adam or something equally uninteresting.

·
Super Moderator
8,749 Posts
Definitely improves up to about 3-4k miles; optimum then! But don't watch that beep fish-enjoy the car and bin the fish! It's little supercilious face annoys me a lot!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.