Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Noticed today my fuel gauge went from being nice and orange to barely visible and very dim. Headlights were off etc so can't think why this would be happening.

Does anyone have any ideas or is it faulty?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Check your dimmer switch - I've found some people brush it with their knees when getting in/out of the car.

It's to the right of the headlight knob by your left knee (or is it on the right on the other side of the pond?)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Checked the dimmer switch and it hadn't moved. First thing I thought of too :)
Just checking! :)

Does it's state change at all when the headlights are switched on?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi all

Noticed today my fuel gauge went from being nice and orange to barely visible and very dim. Headlights were off etc so can't think why this would be happening.

Does anyone have any ideas or is it faulty?

Thanks
I assume this happened during daylight? If so, I notice mine dims when it gets dark, cloudy or it's raining outside. The centraldisplay lighting dims at the same time also. This happens during daylight hours when the speedo and HUD remain in white and light levels are not low enough to activate headlights. I notice my headlights can often take sometime to activate when it starts to rain :|.

Did the other lighting dim in tandem too, or was it only the fuel gauge? If theformer, I guess the light level outside caused this to happen. If the latter, then I would suggest something is wrong here.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I didn't notice if everything else dimmed but I did notice when my headlights came on, it was still doing it which I didn't expect. Seems strange
I wonder if maybe the lights themselves are defective?

Reactions: Panch
1 - 8 of 8 Posts