Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fuel Gauge going red on two bars?? :(
Hi all I'd apreciate your feedback.

I’m right in thinking at 80 miles range to go the Fuel gauge turns red with a warning???? My car has stopped doing this and my dealer could not tell me. I have driven around 5K miles in my F56 Cooper and as far as I was concerned I filled up when the gauge went red with two bars left.

I was out and in rushing about and did not notice that the fuel was on two bars already, no warning and the bars have stayed the usual orange in colour and not went to red. It actually flagged up a warning it was into it reserve at a range of 49 miles to go.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I took my fuel tank down to the warning indicator the other day then continued to drive on for another 20 miles. I managed to fill it up with 37 Litres (40L capacity) so my fuel gauge is accurate as I had 1 bar showing.

I'm sorry to read about your ongoing problems with your Mini, It must be so frustrating.

·
Super Moderator
7,910 Posts
Sorry no idea. I am a bit odd 're filling up.just get so twitchy once range is around 100 miles. Maybe I ought to run it down to check it'll work when I can drive again. . Broke my arm!

·
Registered
844 Posts
I do not get a warning until 1 bar is left. I then get lots of reminders "fuel reserve" when it says about 30 miles range left.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ken I’m positive I used to get a 80 miles left Bong (low fuel reminder) and last two bars red . As a family member today said when I got in the car that I had said a few days ago it must be ready to go red and time to fill up. But I know I’ve never seen “fuel reserve” come up when it said range 49 left with two bars still showing.

Maybe I’m loosing it but after 5k driving my usual was to fill up when it went red with the two bars with 80 miles range left. In saying that I only noticed that my lights lit up with my rev’s today round the media screen and the wee car in the rev counter when you get in winks at you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Think your right Ken! I think its just never been down so low and when it came up Fuel reserve today I hadn’t seen it before and thought wait a mo does it not go red like my old car. Seen two pictures and both have the Bars still orange at two F56.

Just beenust thinking it was the same as my old 57 plate Cooper I drove for six years. Oh well. Probably does not help that the car has only been fuelled a few times since it got a new instrument display and with this thing I question everything it does right or wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.