Votes: 23 76.7%
  • Standard ron/octane fuel

Votes: 7 23.3%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wondered how many people are using premium fuel rather than standard fuel
For UK this means 97+ron (premium) vs 95ron (standard) ?

· Registered
769 Posts
Shell or Chevron 91 octane only. Once had to put cheap grocery store 91 in the R50 and it ran like garbage for a month. Because of that experience I try and avoid anything else.

Reactions: Evlkarl

· Super Moderator
8,893 Posts
Cheapest i can find but ever so often treat eg six monthly it to shell v powernitro. Can never tell any difference and our direct injrction engines cannot benefit from valve cleaning etc these fuels advertise but i suppose they could help fuel system and eg injectors cylinders!

· Registered
358 Posts
I only tend to use standard petrol however I wont buy it from supermarkets, I'll try and get the fuel from either BP or Shell

Not run the JCW on Shell V-Power Nitro+ yet but will give it a couple of tanks soon and see if I notice any difference

Made no concernable difference when I used the super diesel on my E92 320d but we shall see

· Registered
303 Posts
I always use Sainsbury's 97 Super unleaded as decent price and get Nectar points. Probably nothing factual behind this but I always choose a fuel supplier and stick with it so the ECU has a constant factor rather than a variety of different fuels.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.