• Standard ron/octane fuel

Votes: 7 23.3%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wondered how many people are using premium fuel rather than standard fuel
For UK this means 97+ron (premium) vs 95ron (standard) ?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I use Tesco 99 RON on mine but thats a pre-requisite really as I am using JB4 map 2 tuning box

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
763 Posts
Shell or Chevron 91 octane only. Once had to put cheap grocery store 91 in the R50 and it ran like garbage for a month. Because of that experience I try and avoid anything else.

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
55 Posts
She'll premium for my R52. Runs better and pops more lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
Cheapest i can find but ever so often treat eg six monthly it to shell v powernitro. Can never tell any difference and our direct injrction engines cannot benefit from valve cleaning etc these fuels advertise but i suppose they could help fuel system and eg injectors cylinders!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I only tend to use standard petrol however I wont buy it from supermarkets, I'll try and get the fuel from either BP or Shell

Not run the JCW on Shell V-Power Nitro+ yet but will give it a couple of tanks soon and see if I notice any difference

Made no concernable difference when I used the super diesel on my E92 320d but we shall see

·
Registered
226 Posts
Shell vpower 91 NO ETHANOL!!! Also, there is an app called Pure Gas that tells you all of the gas stations wherever you are that have no ethanol! Ftw!

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
436 Posts
Always use Tesco 99RON , seems to provide nice sound, never lumpy, no smoke etc.. and hav been using it for 50k miles. also get Tesco points haha

·
Registered
303 Posts
I always use Sainsbury's 97 Super unleaded as decent price and get Nectar points. Probably nothing factual behind this but I always choose a fuel supplier and stick with it so the ECU has a constant factor rather than a variety of different fuels.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Considering supermarkets don't have their own refineries they must get it from those that do!

I'm told BP supply Sainsburys & Esso supply Tesco. Not idea on Asda!

I use standard in my Cooper with no issues :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used OMV MaxxMotion 100 since day one. Supposedly this is 100 RON gas. I don't dare to try anything else for my Mini.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts