Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My names John and I've owned a few MINIs since 2001. I started off with a silk green cooper cvt auto. Then in Jan 2005 I got an electric blue cooper S. I ended up modifying this this with the help of GTT to a very nice track day car.
Then in 2010 I had to say good bye to my S as I moved to Basingstoke with my now wife and commute to London for work. We both had MINIs but she could only drive auto and we only had space for one car. So we kept her 2007 MINI one auto. Now it's 2014 and we've decided to trade in and get a new model.

The wife and I have got an order in for the following MINI and options

F56 Cooper with MINI Sports Pack (jcw interior/exterior packs)
Chili Red
Automatic
JCW 17“ Silver wheels
White roof/mirrors/bonnet stripes
Led lights and fogs
Heated front screen
Mini visual boost
Chrome line interior
Diamond cloth/leather black seats
Union jack roof graphic
Union jack side indicator surround
Sport suspension

We ended up getting the MINI Sports Pack as we really wanted the chili red colour. Having seen more pictures of the front bumper I'm starting to like it more.

Now I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, but in the brochure the MINI Sports Pack lists sports suspension as included, when dealer selected it all in the system it never came up. So I questioned this a few days later and they investigated it for me. Ended up with the dealer having to add the sports suspension to the order manually and not charging us for it. For some reason the system doesn't include it even though the brochure says it does.
Anyone else order this pack and had to do the same?

Really looking forward to getting the new cooper. We are expecting delivery sometime from Nov 17th having placed our order around Oct 5th.

Attachments

Reactions: quiller

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have the sports pack, didn't get told about sports suspension being free!

Having said that most of my driving is in the city where the softer standard suspension nicely smooths out the bumps, so I don't think I'm missing anything

My ex partner had a Ford Fiesta ST with wolf suspension and the ride was so uncomfortable I had to sit on a cushion!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome.

Profiteroles - From what I've read the sports suspension should make this MINI feel more like the R53 did with sports suspension +. I had this on my old 2005 Cooper S and didn't have a problem with it. I prefer a more solid feel when driver so hoping it will be good.
If I hadn't read the brochure again a few times I wouldn't have noticed the sports suspension should be included. I was expecting the dealer to say the MINI Sports Pack options changed since the brochure was released back in March 2014, and I would have to pay extra for it. If I had to then I probably wanted have bothered. But as it was free I was more than happy to have it fitted. :)

Will get lots of pics once it arrives. Should be first MINI I've seen with union jacks on and the sports pack.

Reactions: Midnight Black

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome John nice spec mate, I bet you cant wait to get it, when's the deilvary estimate, I really like the chilli red with sports pack will look so nice

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome John nice spec mate, I bet you cant wait to get it, when's the deilvary estimate, I really like the chilli red with sports pack will look so nice
Hi, was expecting it to be built next week, but was completed yesterday. Was originally told production week would be next week and delivery the week after. Hoping we might now get it for the weekend of 15th November. Just waiting on email from dealer to confirm when they get it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts