Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't found it in any option at configurator.

was it eventually restricted to some markets? (Portugal here, and dealer haven't heard of it, though he is not quite a great dealer, unfortunately)

Do you think one could later 'upgrade' the rearview mirror?!
I found it quite helpful - 3 garages, two at homes and one at office, all with remotes...
Probably will have to load them al at the small compartment over the glove comp.

:|

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Do you think one could later 'upgrade' the rearview mirror?!
I doubt it. Each car is customized at the factory with a specific wiring harness based on the options selected. If no camera was specified, the wiring just doesn't exist, and the software is likely different as well.

Having said that, there are any number of hacks you could do, depending on your level of fearlessness and skill.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Haven't seen the option of a garage remote here in Japan, but we can choose an auto-dimming rear-view mirror with built in ETC (Electronic Collection System) which allows you to drive through motorway toll gates without having to wind down your window and fish in your pockets for cash. The system then bills your credit card each month. Motorway driving is very expensive here.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haven't seen the option of a garage remote here in Japan, but we can choose an auto-dimming rear-view mirror with built in ETC (Electronic Collection System) which allows you to drive through motorway toll gates without having to wind down your window and fish in your pockets for cash. The system then bills your credit card each month. Motorway driving is very expensive here.

That's nice. Guess it is also costly.

Here in Portugal we have Via Verde (green lane). One subscribes to the service and it is given a small sort of transponder that one places right on the top of the windshield interior and the toll is paid with debit card.
It costs roughly 30€ for that tech, one time fee. Portugal was the first country to have all highways with open toll collection. And yes, tolls are quite expensive here too. I mean, not according to our purchase power.
Unfortunately, sometimes there's no alternative and one has to endure that in order to save a bit on fuel and time...
Though, must tell u that i always try to take normal roads...so to have more curves to drive. And now with the Mini, hmmm, what a joy it will be!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought I would want this, until I realized how far away from the driver the rear view mirror is! It would be a pain to use. I just used velcro to attach a mini opener under my emergency brake. Out of the way but easy to access.

My cousin has the same issue. And he placed velcro like u all over his ampera.
In his case though it didn't help...because the garages have different code types (or something like that) so he had to have two remotes. And then the velcro started to get loose...and then he took it off...and then there was the glue getting dust sticky...geee...

I'll try it though...eventually 'velcroing' it in the secret compartiment :|

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
In the USA, you have to order the auto dimming rear view mirror for $250 and then order the built in garage door opener for another $250.
I'm trying to build a hardtop 4 door and selected the auto dimming rear view mirror but still don't see the option for the garage door anywhere. How do I get this option configured??

·
Registered
75 Posts
There should enough another option listed that says garage door opener. That is if you are in the us site.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I'm trying to build a hardtop 4 door and selected the auto dimming rear view mirror but still don't see the option for the garage door anywhere. How do I get this option configured??
It seems to have disappeared from the configurator, but it is still available when you order. Just let your MA know. The option code is 319 for the universal opener ($250) and it requires 431 which is the auto dimming rearview mirror ($250). A compass also comes with the universal opener as well.

I have the opener on my F55 - nice to have since I used to carry two openers on my visor. I do have to reach a bit to hit the buttons on the mirror though, but I think of it as an ab crunch and count it as exercise! ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts