Mini Cooper Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
It looks shiny but has a lot of swirls from car wash.

View attachment 79108

I've got a lot of swirls too!! when the sun hits it it looks like I drove though a forest of spider webs. I wasn't sure if its because of the mini paint, or because I've never had a car this dark, (I heard it is more visible on dark cars). I have an appointment monday to get the paint fixed and a ceramic coat added. I am now avoiding car washes that actually make contact with the paint, ill try just using touchless, and washing at home,

·
Registered
2019 A94 F56 JCW AUTO
148 Posts
I've got a lot of swirls too!! when the sun hits it it looks like I drove though a forest of spider webs. I wasn't sure if its because of the mini paint, or because I've never had a car this dark, (I heard it is more visible on dark cars). I have an appointment monday to get the paint fixed and a ceramic coat added. I am now avoiding car washes that actually make contact with the paint, ill try just using touchless, and washing at home,
I need to fix some door dings and rock chips on my front bumper, but been busy lately and can't get things done anytime soon.
Please show us your car after paint correction.

Reactions: Stealth Mode

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's because of the dark colour why I got back into detailing, at least up until the polishing stage. Four months into ownership I had acquired two kit bags of product. Takes me 2-3 hours for the inside and 3-5 for the outside across two days.

·
Registered
33 Posts
They generally come out of the factory in reasonable condition, tends to be the quick wash and dry at dealers that cause the swirls etc . Mine went straight to LDS Detailing near Arundel West Sussex in March 2022 ,3 days after pick up from dealer and had the Gtechniq crystal serum ultra +2 layers of Exo ceramic coatings . Levi did a great job and car appears on his You Tube channel . The three colour roof was a factory option , not sure now with all the reductions in options if still available .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts