Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I hope this is an okay place to post this.

I'm going to be placing an order for an S hopefully this week, super excited to be getting something more powerful and fun than my current car, but I've been um-ing and ah-ing about a couple options. Here's what I'm thinking:

• Iced Chocolate
  • ???White roof+bonnet stripes OR black roof+bonnet stripes???
  • Black cosmos spoke wheels
  • Dark truffle colour line and leather cross punch seats
  • Auto with gearshift paddles
  • ??Comfort access system
  • Reversing camera
  • ???Sun protection glazing
  • Interior and exterior mirrors with auto anti-dazzle
  • ???Adaptive LED headlights
  • MINI navigation system professional
  • Harman/kardon hifi system
  • Chilli pack (although I have no idea what this is, it comes standard apparently?)

So these ones – ??? – are the ones I think I want but I'm not sure. Any advice on what's worth it or anything important I've missed?

·
Super Moderator
7,892 Posts
Any chance any any chance you may need a roof rack get rails. Take note of uke!!!

Reactions: pjsjr13

·
Registered
75 Posts
What is the sun protection glazing? Is that something special for Australia?

Nice to see someone ordering an Iced Chocolate. Would love to see pictures when you get it. Got to be a rarity in the mini universe.

I think either roof color would look good on the chocolate btw.

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
What is the sun protection glazing? Is that something special for Australia?

Nice to see someone ordering an Iced Chocolate. Would love to see pictures when you get it. Got to be a rarity in the mini universe.

I think either roof color would look good on the chocolate btw.
I think the sun protection is just an extra layer of tinting, but my dealer says it's quite subtle so I might try an after-market tint. I didn't know it was an Australian-only thing!

I'll definitely take photos to share of the iced chocolate! I'm leaning towards black roof+mirrors.

What about the HUD, if allowed in Australia?

I find it very useful even though I dont have all the options that add more features to it.
I've been going back and forth on the HUD, I read in another thread that it doesn't work well with polarising lenses, but I like the idea of having the navigation prompts up there... Maybe I just need to test drive one and see! :) What are the other options that add to it?

·
Registered
890 Posts
I think the sun protection is just an extra layer of tinting, but my dealer says it's quite subtle so I might try an after-market tint. I didn't know it was an Australian-only thing!

I'll definitely take photos to share of the iced chocolate! I'm leaning towards black roof+mirrors.

I've been going back and forth on the HUD, I read in another thread that it doesn't work well with polarising lenses, but I like the idea of having the navigation prompts up there... Maybe I just need to test drive one and see! :) What are the other options that add to it?
I think the driver assist pack, if it still exists, shows active speed limits on the HUD and perhaps other things.

The current speed, visible without looking down too much, is very useful to me on its own.

I have no use for sunglasses living where I do, so the polarisation problem is not an issue for me but I can see how it would be in Australia!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Done!

Put in the order in yesterday!

Iced Chocolate with black roof+bonnet stripes
Black cosmos spoke wheels
Dark truffle colour line and leather cross punch seats
Anthracite headlining
Auto with gearshift paddles
Comfort access system
Reversing camera
Interior and exterior mirrors with auto anti-dazzle
Adaptive LED headlights
MINI navigation system professional
Harman/kardon hifi system
Chilli pack

Decided not to opt for the HUD, and instead the dealer is going to do a tint for me that's stronger than the 'Sun protection glazing' the factory offers. Hope I've made the right decision!! XD

Due date is 15/6/15!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts