Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a UK thing, but I loathe the child seat/air bag printed warning that appears on BOTH sides of the passenger sun visor. My interior is all dark, and the cheap looking garish white & yellow warning sticker, not to mention the weird flying red baby, really get on my nerves.
As I don't intend transporting babies of any colour, in my passenger seat,I was wondering whether anyone had successfully removed this sticker and if so, with what. I have tried picking at the corners half-heartedly, but the only thing worse would be to look at a damaged visor itself, or a sticky mess, which is why I have avoided doing anything thus far.
Any thoughts/experiences would be appreciated! :)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
This may be a UK thing, but I loathe the child seat/air bag printed warning that appears on BOTH sides of the passenger sun visor. My interior is all dark, and the cheap looking garish white & yellow warning sticker, not to mention the weird flying red baby, really get on my nerves.
As I don't intend transporting babies of any colour, in my passenger seat,I was wondering whether anyone had successfully removed this sticker and if so, with what. I have tried picking at the corners half-heartedly, but the only thing worse would be to look at a damaged visor itself, or a sticky mess, which is why I have avoided doing anything thus far.
Any thoughts/experiences would be appreciated! :)
I feel for you. Whatever you end up doing, you might want to make it reversible for when you sell the car, lest you run afoul of some bureaucrat. Maybe a velcro cover?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I've seen lots of posts on US forums about removing this sticker and they mostly said that 'rubbing alcohol' did the trick without damaging the visor - this is called 'surgical spirit' in the UK.

For example: http://www.northamericanmotoring.co...4/274201-goodbye-annoying-warning-labels.html

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen lots of posts on US forums about removing this sticker and they mostly said that 'rubbing alcohol' did the trick without damaging the visor - this is called 'surgical spirit' in the UK.

For example: http://www.northamericanmotoring.co...4/274201-goodbye-annoying-warning-labels.html
Thanks Angib. I did see these pictures but I think that the stickers are different in the UK to the U.S.
The ones here are transparent and appear to be molded into the vinyl, as opposed to the ones in the pics, which look more like sticky labels.
I am sorely tempted to try an experiment on the one on the inside of the visor...at least if it makes a mess I will only have to see it when I am a) a passenger and b) the sun is shining...not that regular an occurrence. :D

·
Super Moderator
7,882 Posts
Wd40 is great for removing the mess stickers leave behind. Spray on allow to soak scrape.or a hot air gun, hairdryer on full perhaps

·
Registered
16 Posts
My suggestion is to get some medical adhesive remover. It is available in spray cans and wipes. As it is designed for use on human skin, it should be gentle on the sun visor. It is also odourless unlike WD40 and surgical spirits.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, all, for the input. I tried the hairdryer, as a first step, but no go: it is almost like the sticker is screen printed on. There are some step by step details on the NAM website which Angib very helpfully sent on to me, but as the stickers look different, I am more concerned about leaving a hideous mess. I am going to learn to ignore the flying red baby!

·
Registered
85 Posts
My father in law tried to remove his stickers in a Lexus and made a huge mess. I'm just going to get used to mine, even though there is supposedly a good procedure on NAM.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Thanks, all, for the input. I tried the hairdryer, as a first step, but no go: it is almost like the sticker is screen printed on. There are some step by step details on the NAM website which Angib very helpfully sent on to me, but as the stickers look different, I am more concerned about leaving a hideous mess. I am going to learn to ignore the flying red baby!
If you can't remove, then conceal. Velcro some matching material over the offending sticker. When you sell the car, strip the velcro off.

One should never ignore flying red babies, Grasshopper.

·
Registered
245 Posts
It must be a UK thing. Mine has a yellow/black label printed directly on the visors. It says something about car seats, but no flying babies. Hah, our poor stupid babies have to walk like the rest of us chumps. No flying going on here, our babies don't even have vestigial wings like a penguin. Even chickens can fly better than our babies. Between that and all the crying and pooping it's a wonder we don't leave 'em all outside to be raise by cougars and bears.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
It must be a UK thing. Mine has a yellow/black label printed directly on the visors. It says something about car seats, but no flying babies. Hah, our poor stupid babies have to walk like the rest of us chumps. No flying going on here, our babies don't even have vestigial wings like a penguin. Even chickens can fly better than our babies. Between that and all the crying and pooping it's a wonder we don't leave 'em all outside to be raise by cougars and bears.
Wait. Babies can't fly? Hold on a se

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It must be a UK thing. Mine has a yellow/black label printed directly on the visors. It says something about car seats, but no flying babies.
I feel like you guys are missing out: behold, the flying red baby :D
This covers the whole of the vanity mirror flap, when it's down and is 6 inches by 3 inches in size on the sun visor, when it's up

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,882 Posts
I noticed this the other day as I am now banished to passenger for a while. Yes I agree it's a horrid ugly very annoying sticker we have to suffer due to eec,euroncap testing. Crazy..

·
Registered
245 Posts
I just noticed the finger pointing at the book. What's that all about? This is like the writing the Egyptians left behind to help us find the close encounters of the third kind. Maybe those aren't babies after all. Three words for you... What colour are Martians?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Whats with America and all the warning stickers and alarms, are they all that stupid. Now the rest of world who are brighter than Americans have to put up with these stickers and alarms.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts