Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After years of waiting, it's finally time to get rid of my well-travelled and much-loved Renault Clio and buy myself a Mini. Very excited! ?

I'm going to be on the hunt for a low mileage 2017/18 5-door Cooper (let me know if you are selling anything nice...), but might end up getting something newer if I can't find what I'm after second-hand.

So my question is... (and sorry if it's a controversial first post......) ...... if I were to buy a 2019 model, is there any way that the Union Jack tail lights can be swapped out for the plain equivalents? ? I'm really not keen on them and am fairly sure in the UK market you have to have them when ordering new.

Does anybody know if this is possible, or would it be a nightmare getting things rewired/recoded? If so, any idea how much it would likely cost, or where to have it done? Would there be warranty implications?

Thanks for your advice!

James

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have no opinion on the lights, but if you are looking for a recent low mileage second hand Cooper my experience recently was that I could get a very good deal on a new (if pretty basic) Cooper 3 door from my local dealer for very little more than the option-loaded 2nd hand models on offer locally. That suited me as I am not a great fan of ultra low profile tyres, upgraded entertainment etc etc. They seem to have the odd car already built ‘in the pipeline’ so you might want to ask around about that option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts