Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the rear Cooper S badge and replaced it with the MINI Gloss Black kit. How easy was it to do? I'd like to get rid of the chrome on mine so will need to replace emblems, badges, etc.. I can see how to change chrome strip on grille with stick on cover and chrome on side repeaters and black inserts to S badges but can't see how easy it is to do the one on the boot/trunk lid.

·
Registered
2019 Mini Cooper S, 2-Door Hardtop, Moonwalk Grey Metallic
30 Posts
I did. Was pretty easy. Heat up the current badge a bit with a hair dryer while using floss or fishing line to remove it.
large.IMG_3476.jpg.1b0a0717dc6ded76e0d418cee15c5f35.jpg

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got the badge from Cotswold BMW on eBay. Not sure about front, though haven't got round to doing it yet.

·
Registered
158 Posts
i agree, very easy to do. Place masking tape below original badge so you know where to fix the replacement.
Heat each letter with a heat gun or hairdryer and use fishing line very slowly behind each letter to remove them. I then used a little more heat to remove any remaining foam adhesive pad.
Finally a bit of paint renovator to remove any marks.
When your happy fit the new badge

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, where did you buy this badge and did you get a matching “S” for the front grill
Only thing I found for the front grille S was this. Doesn’t look like MINI do a genuine replacement in black..
Expensive for a tiny bit of thin plastic but there are discount codes available fairly frequently I.e bank holidays with 15 - 20% discount codes.
Looks fine when it’s fitted though 👍

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone replaced the rear Cooper S badge and replaced it with the MINI Gloss Black kit. How easy was it to do? I'd like to get rid of the chrome on mine so will need to replace emblems, badges, etc.. I can see how to change chrome strip on grille with stick on cover and chrome on side repeaters and black inserts to S badges but can't see how easy it is to do the one on the boot/trunk lid.
Hi am new to forum but have been reading for months I used to have F56 which I loved will try post pic but have just ordered new mini cooper s sport on the mini configurator it was. Still coming up with the 2020 version which I still loved but when did zoom with dealer last week the new face lifted version come up so it has all the gloss black light surrounds door handles duel cap and the badges it looks awesome I was so chuffed as think it looks so much better decheimed also comes with digi dash and 8.8 inch screen as standard which is great!! Sorry if I've put this in wrong place it was just cis you mentioned black badge!! Oh any idea anyone on how long I will have to wait if ordered a week ago?? Thanks guys great forum!! Join

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi am new to forum but have been reading for months I used to have F56 which I loved will try post pic but have just ordered new mini cooper s sport on the mini configurator it was. Still coming up with the 2020 version which I still loved but when did zoom with dealer last week the new face lifted version come up so it has all the gloss black light surrounds door handles duel cap and the badges it looks awesome I was so chuffed as think it looks so much better decheimed also comes with digi dash and 8.8 inch screen as standard which is great!! Sorry if I've put this in wrong place it was just cis you mentioned black badge!! Oh any idea anyone on how long I will have to wait if ordered a week ago?? Thanks guys great forum!! Join
Mine was 6 weeks from being ordered to built. I ordered mine last September Typical lead time is 6-8 weeks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got some of my car mod part from my nearest mechanic. Very amazing service with low prices, with discounts as low as the ones found in Ebay. They're pretty neat and works well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts