Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

I'm taking delivery next month so shopping around now for best quotes for the de-chrome! I chose the Midnight black and went for the All Black look with the black wheels etc...

Is this a good deal or not....

Headlights
Taillights
Beltline
Front Grille

----- £190

If I want the door handles done then it'll be an extra £50.

This makes me think I should leave the Beltline and keep the door handles chrome with rest of the car blacked out.. Opinions... Opinions, what do you all think!

They are going to be wrapped wich I believe is a good thing as it isn't permanent. Lease car so will be given back with standard trim pieces.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Hello Guys,

I'm taking delivery next month so shopping around now for best quotes for the de-chrome! I chose the Midnight black and went for the All Black look with the black wheels etc...

Headlights
Taillights
Beltline
Front Grille

----- £190

This makes me think I should leave the Beltline and keep the door handles chrome with rest of the car blacked out.. Opinions... Opinions, what do you all think!

They are going to be wrapped wich I believe is a good thing as it isn't permanent. Lease car so will be given back with standard trim pieces.
Seems a little high to me, I've been quoted £100 for everything above but the belt line, now I know for sure they will not use £90 worth of vinyl for that!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello Guys,

Headlights
Taillights
Beltline
Front Grille

----- £190

That's about what I paid to de-chrome my JCW - all apart from the beltline for £250-ish.

You can't wrap the beltline chrome (and get a good finish) as the rubber beside it is too hard to manipulate out the way to hide the edge of the wrap.

OK you can do it but up close it doesn't look good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.